Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [linux] X error of failed request  (Read 3045 times)

Natlink

• View Profile
    • Email
[linux] X error of failed request
« on: September 26, 2018, 08:48:21 am »
Hello everybody!
( it's my first time on sfml's forum, and sorry if i do some error ( my english speak is a bit bad... )

So!
I want to run SFML.net on Linux, that's all  :'(
After a LOT of time spending on internet, looking for a solution to fix missingDll with the .net binding ( resolving by passing from dotnet core to mono and do the DllMapping), i have a new error.
SFML work, if i call a class ect it work, but if i want to create a RenderWindow, the constructor return me an error during runtime from my X server ...
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  60
  Current serial number in output stream:  61

So i'm a bit lost, i look on internet and forums for a solution, but it seems that nobody have this issue...

This is the little piece of code i use :

static void Main()
                {

X Error                //Window window = new Window (new VideoMode (640, 480), "TEST");
 X Error                //RenderWindow window = new RenderWindow(VideoMode.Desktop, "TEST");
 Make my X server crash, i have to manually kill the process from another tty...
        RenderWindow window = new RenderWindow(VideoMode.FullscreenModes[0], "TEST", Styles.Fullscreen, new ContextSettings(24, 24));

window.SetActive();
                        window.Closed += new EventHandler(OnClosed);
                        while (window.IsOpen){
                                window.DispatchEvents();
                                window.Display();
                        }
                }

static void OnClosed(object sender, EventArgs e){
                        Window window = (Window)sender;
                        window.Close();
                }

I'm working on linux mint, on a laptop with hybrid card ( intel chipset + nvidia 960M ), all my driver are up to date, and my graphic card work on game, java libGDX, unity, ect...

I have tested both with Nvidia and Intel use for display, everytime the same problem...

anything