Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Issue with linking to SFGUI, cmake is generating incorrect path to lib file.  (Read 802 times)

Amablue

• View Profile
Looks like there used to be an SFGUI forum but not anymore? If this is the wrong place to post this let me know and I'll post it elsewhere.

I'm a bit stuck with an issue trying to build a simple test program using SFML and SFGUI. This is on Windows, and I've used cmake to generate Visual Studio 2017 projects.

First I cloned SFML SFGUI from github and generated the solution files. I ran Visual Studio in administrator mode and build the INSTALL project with both release and debug targets so that they would all be built and dropped in C:\Program Files (x86)\SFML\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\SFGUI\ respectively. Everything built and installed fine right out of the box. I also added those two directories to my PATH environment variable. I can build and run the sample projects that come with SFGUI that show up in the solution file.

So now I go and create my own project, and things start to fall apart. Importing SFML itself works fine. I have a simple program that pops open a window and it works fine. When I add in find_package(SFGUI REQUIRED) CMake fails when the project tries to update. I get the following error:

2>CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/SFGUI/cmake/SFGUITargets.cmake:78 (message):
2>  The imported target "SFGUI::SFGUI" references the file
2>
2>     "C:/Program Files (x86)/lib/SFGUI-d.lib"
2>
2>  but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:
2>
2>  * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.
2>
2>  * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.
2>
2>  * The installation package was faulty and contained
2>
2>     "C:/Program Files (x86)/SFGUI/cmake/SFGUITargets.cmake"
2>
2>  but not all the files it references.

Notice in the error, the file is "C:/Program Files (x86)/lib/SFGUI-d.lib" and not "C:/Program Files (x86)/SFGUI/lib/SFGUI-d.lib"

Looking at the SFGUI cmake files, it looks like the variable _IMPORT_PREFIX is being set to C:/Program Files (x86)/, when I think it should be setting set to C:/Program Files (x86)/SFGUI. I think that variable is getting set by the call to set_target_properties in SFGUITargets[-debug].cmake. I'm not sure if this is the core issue, or if it is, why it's getting set wrong. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Here is the entirety of my CMakeLists.txt in case it helps:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.1)

set(PROJECT_NAME TestProj)

project(${PROJECT_NAME})

set(SOURCES src/main.cpp)

find_package(OpenGL REQUIRED)
find_package(SFML 2.5 REQUIRED COMPONENTS graphics window audio network system)
find_package(SFGUI REQUIRED)

add_executable(${PROJECT_NAME} ${SOURCES})
set_target_properties(${PROJECT_NAME} PROPERTIES FOLDER ${PROJECT_NAME})
target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_NAME}
                      sfml-graphics
                      sfml-window
                      sfml-audio
                      sfml-network
                      sfml-system)