Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Unable to compile SFML with Cmake and mingw32-make  (Read 1499 times)

AnthoJack

• View Profile
    • Email
Unable to compile SFML with Cmake and mingw32-make
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:27:33 pm »
Hey there,

I'm trying to make SFML work on my Windows 10 desktop and after having so many trouble with the already compiled version, I decided to compile it myself to make sure that it would be 100% compatible with my version of GCC.

However, here again and even precisely following the tutorial on how to compile SFML with Cmake, I'm encountering a problem: I've configured Cmake with MinGW Makefiles as generator, clicked on generate such that now I have "configuring done" and "generating done" printed in the box. However, when I open Powershell and enter "mingw32-make" it tells me "mingw32-make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.".

My PATH contains both the directories for Cmake and GCC so I doubt the problem comes from here though I see no "mingw32-make.exe" executable in the Cmake folder.

Do I have to execute the command from a particular working directory (the one which contains the sources maybe ?)

Please help

Have a nice day

AnthoJack

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unable to compile SFML with Cmake and mingw32-make
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:17:44 pm »
OK I reinstalled Everything from scratch and I may not need to compile anymore. Keeping this post opened if someone has a suggestion for future people that might come across this same problem

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:01:15 pm »
Do I have to execute the command from a particular working directory
Of course, you must do it from the directory that contains the generated makefile, i.e. the "Where to build the binaries" path you specified in cmake-gui.

I see no "mingw32-make.exe" executable in the Cmake folder.
This utility is part of MinGW ("bin" sub-folder).
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

AnthoJack

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:43:04 pm »
Cool that'll be nice to know for next time  ;)