Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: GunPoint Engine  (Read 3279 times)

Meerjel01

• View Profile
GunPoint Engine
« on: March 05, 2019, 05:44:06 pm »
I had the plans to make a raycaster engine for awhile now and it would be time to actually begin with it.

The GunPoint engine was inspired by my favourite FPS game "Marathon" which was a 2.5D game like Wolfenstein. (And Doom if I must say it) This engine should have what those old shooters had but it will not feature 5D space like in Marathon. I will go traditional and just make it a simple game engine with polygons, heights, directional sprites and all other of those things you've seen from the classics. The engine is going to be a Mac standalone engine.

I am extremely new at SFML so it might take some time to get this to work. But the thing is that I really wanted to do something like this. The GunPoint engine is my long time dream and it kinda needs to be on the Mac cause PC already have so much as it can bear. But as I said, I'm a real novice at this so I will start from the beginning.

https://lodev.org/cgtutor/raycasting.html

Can someone please help? I really need it.

Meerjel01

• View Profile
Re: GunPoint Engine
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 03:06:02 pm »
I haven't started yet and I don't know if I'm even going to start. Is there good people here that can help me?

Arcade

• View Profile
Re: GunPoint Engine
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 03:51:39 pm »
What exactly are you needing help with?

If you're looking for someone to partner up with to help build your project from the ground up, you might not have much luck on these forums. I imagine many of the people that use these forums are already working on a project of their own. It may be hard to find someone interested in dedicating a lot of time to a large project outside of their control. You might have better luck on other forums more geared toward that type of thing.

However, after you get started, these forums would be a good place to come back to and ask about specific issues you're running into with SFML (or show off what you have so far  :) )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:55:18 pm by Arcade »