Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Porting SFML to Android  (Read 1199 times)

bank21khz

• View Profile
    • Email
Porting SFML to Android
« on: November 14, 2019, 09:47:39 pm »
Hello  :D I am trying to port to android by following this guide: https://github.com/SFML/SFML/wiki/Tutorial:-Building-SFML-for-Android

But I am running into an error with gradle, the last step. When I run
gradle build
I get this:
java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
Is this a common problem? I'm not even sure what to provide to make it easier to identify the problem.

EDIT:
NEVERMIND I FIXED IT! Turns out I built SFML twice, and that seemed to have caused the problem. The thing is, this link builds SFML for you. I didn't realize that until I went back to retrace my steps. The instructions that follow this link are for building SFML, but the batch file you download from said link builds it for you already, so you don't have to follow these steps as that would just be building it again. So I let the batch file build SFML then ran gradle and it completed successfully.

That said, I did run into this:
This app only has 32-bit [armeabi-v7a] native libraries. Beginning August 1 2019 Google Play Store requires that all apps that include native libraries must provide 64-bit versions

Does this mean google play wouldn't accept any apps made with SFML? Do the libraries have to be upgraded to 64-bit versions?

EDIT 2:

NERVMIND (AGAIN), I just remembered that there are 64-bit libraries for SFML lol. So I guess all I'd need to do is download them, replace the 32-bit libraries with 64-bit ones, and I'd be good to go.

EDIT 3:
You guys this is harder than I thought. How do I build the 64 bit libraries for Android?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:19:57 pm by bank21khz »