Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Intel 8080 Emulator-Space Invaders  (Read 2801 times)

Mortal

• View Profile
Intel 8080 Emulator-Space Invaders
« on: January 03, 2020, 06:42:50 pm »
i have managed to make simple a `Intel 8080` 8-bit microprocessor emulator for Space Invaders. however, there is good news and bad news.

the good news is, the sound is working fine with emulator unlike my previous Space Invaders clone https://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=26821.0
which is still can't get it to working correctly.

the bad news emulator has a bug for some reasons the Space Invaders game crushed when the startup game demo run longer. honestly i don't know what actually cause it, is it a multi-threading issues or memory-corruption, i have no idea.

the cpu runs fine i have tested it with COM test-files.

EDIT: bug is fixed, now the emulator's working fine.

here a Demo of Space Invaders game:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:32:30 pm by Mortal »

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
Re: Intel 8080 Emulator-Space Invaders
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 11:16:53 am »
Nice work! I made a space invaders emulator some time ago based on the tutorial at http://emulator101.com/ - like you I experienced frustratingly difficult to debug crashes :( I also discovered that the arcade hardware was similar enough that the emulator can also run Balloon Bomber and Lunar Rescue!

Mortal

• View Profile
Re: Intel 8080 Emulator-Space Invaders
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 09:51:34 am »
hello fallahn  :)

i'm so glad that you like it, i really appreciated.

i can't thank you enough for the tutorial, it really helpful. i get it where the problem is, according to the tutorial, it appears i have mapped the mirrored RAM location at wrong address location. i have fixed that and the bug seems has gone away  :D

anything