Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with sound playing and hover effect  (Read 1052 times)

Andidaniel

• View Profile
    • Email
Help with sound playing and hover effect
« on: February 16, 2020, 07:16:51 pm »
Hello!
I am trying to create a BlackJack Game, this is what I have done yet, I am at high school level, and I would like to know if there is a better way of creating the hover effect than checking every frame if the position of the mouse is/isnt in the button range.
And also I would like to play a music when the mouse enters a button's range
I have the following situation: I have a rectangle with a loaded texture and I would like to create an effect that plays a sound and starts moving the shape when my mouse enters the shape,
I know how to do the sound thing but I have 0 idea on how to work with classes and time in sfml
I saw [this](https://youtu.be/_XqKWmIkQ8U) video but I couldnā€˜t understand much since I dont work with classes or visual studio
Could you help me do that?
P.S:If you have some spare time I would also appreciate if you could stay for 10 minutes with me on discord or skype.

#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>
#include <SFML/Audio.hpp>
#include <SFML/Window.hpp>
#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <iostream>
sf::RenderWindow window(sf::VideoMode::getDesktopMode(), "Jackul Negru",sf::Style::Fullscreen);

void interface()
{

int w=sf::VideoMode::getDesktopMode().width;
    int h=sf::VideoMode::getDesktopMode().height;
    int unith=h/12;
    int unitw=w/20;
    int bposx=4*unitw;
    int b1posy=2.5*unith;
    int b2posy=6*unith;
    int b3posy=9.5*unith ;
    sf::RectangleShape button1(sf::Vector2f(4*unitw,2*unith));
    sf::RectangleShape button2(sf::Vector2f(4*unitw,2*unith));
    sf::RectangleShape button3(sf::Vector2f(4*unitw,2*unith));
    sf::RectangleShape aceandjack(sf::Vector2f(6*unitw,9*unith));
    button1.setPosition(bposx,b1posy);
    button2.setPosition(bposx,b2posy);
    button3.setPosition(bposx,b3posy);
    aceandjack.setPosition(10.5*unitw,10*unith);
    sf::Texture b3t;
    sf::Texture b2t;
    sf::Texture b1t;
    sf::Music metin;
    sf::Texture aceandjackt;
    b1t.loadFromFile(".\\Imgs\\Play.png");
    b2t.loadFromFile(".\\Imgs\\options.png");
    b3t.loadFromFile(".\\Imgs\\Exit.png");
    metin.openFromFile(".\\Sounds\\metin.ogg");
    aceandjackt.loadFromFile(".\\Imgs\\AceandJackspades.png");
    b1t.setSmooth(true);
    b2t.setSmooth(true);
    button1.setTexture(&b1t);
    button2.setTexture(&b2t);
    button3.setTexture(&b3t);
    aceandjack.setTexture(&aceandjackt);
    sf::Rect<float> size1 = button1.getGlobalBounds();
    sf::Rect<float> size2 = button2.getGlobalBounds();
    sf::Rect<float> size3 = button3.getGlobalBounds();
    button1.setOrigin(sf::Vector2f(size1.width/2,size1.height/2));
    button2.setOrigin(sf::Vector2f(size2.width/2,size2.height/2));
    button3.setOrigin(sf::Vector2f(size3.width/2,size3.height/2));
    aceandjack.setOrigin(0.0f,aceandjack.getSize().y);

bool buton1=false;
bool buton2=false;
bool buton3=false;

while (window.isOpen())
    {
        sf::Event event;

while (window.pollEvent(event))
        {

if (sf::Keyboard::isKeyPressed(sf::Keyboard::Escape)) /// If escape pressed ---> Exit Interface.
                window.close();
            if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x > button1.getGlobalBounds().left && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x < button1.getGlobalBounds().left+button1.getGlobalBounds().width && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y >  button1.getGlobalBounds().top && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button1.getGlobalBounds().top+ button1.getGlobalBounds().height)
            {

button1.setScale(1.2,1.2);           ///If the Mouse position is between button1's parameters , it enlarges it, creating the hover effect.
                metin.play();
                if(event.type == sf::Event::MouseButtonPressed)
                    if(event.mouseButton.button == sf::Mouse::Left)
                        window.close();                  ///If the Mouse is pressed while between button1's execute this.**/
               ///  buton1=true;

}
            if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x<button1.getGlobalBounds().left || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x>button1.getGlobalBounds().left+button1.getGlobalBounds().width || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button1.getGlobalBounds().top || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y>button1.getGlobalBounds().top+button1.getGlobalBounds().height)
                button1.setScale(1,1);                ///If the Mouse leaves button1's parameters it shrinks back to it's normal size, completing the hover effect.
             ///  buton1=false;

if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x > button2.getGlobalBounds().left && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x < button2.getGlobalBounds().left+button2.getGlobalBounds().width && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y >  button2.getGlobalBounds().top && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button2.getGlobalBounds().top+ button2.getGlobalBounds().height)
            {
                button2.setScale(1.2,1.2);      ///Same hover effect as button1  ^^^
                           window.close();

}
            if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x<button2.getGlobalBounds().left || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x>button2.getGlobalBounds().left+button2.getGlobalBounds().width || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button2.getGlobalBounds().top || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y>button2.getGlobalBounds().top+button2.getGlobalBounds().height)
                button2.setScale(1,1);          ///Same hover effect as button1  ^^^

if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x > button3.getGlobalBounds().left && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x < button3.getGlobalBounds().left+button3.getGlobalBounds().width && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y >  button3.getGlobalBounds().top && sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button3.getGlobalBounds().top+ button3.getGlobalBounds().height)
            {
                button3.setScale(1.2,1.2);          ///Same hover effect as button1  ^^^
                        window.close();
            }
            if(sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x<button3.getGlobalBounds().left || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).x>button3.getGlobalBounds().left+button3.getGlobalBounds().width || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y< button3.getGlobalBounds().top || sf::Mouse::getPosition(window).y>button3.getGlobalBounds().top+button3.getGlobalBounds().height)
                button3.setScale(1,1);              ///Same hover effect as button1  ^^^
        }

/*     if(buton1==true)
           {
                        window.close();                  ///If the Mouse is pressed while between button1's execute this.
                button1.setScale(1.2,1.2);
                metin.play();
           }
           else if(buton1==false)
            button1.setScale(1,1);*/

window.clear();
        window.draw(aceandjack);
        window.draw(button1);
        window.draw(button2);
        window.draw(button3);
        window.display();

}