Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with the RenderWindow Tutorial?  (Read 1709 times)

Quillraven

• View Profile
Problem with the RenderWindow Tutorial?
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:50 pm »
Hi,

i am new to sfml and encountered a problem with the tutorials for the 1.6 sdk. the normal window tutorial caused a corrupted memory failure for the sf::window variable after the application exited.

the next tutorial with the sf::renderwindow crashed my application with the renderwindow.clear() method.

i read through the forum and saw that some people had the same problems but got no solutionanswers yet.

for those i want to present my solution, how i fixed that.

i downloaded the normal sdk (not the full one) and linked everything like it was said in the first tutorial. the clock example worked without errors but the next tutorials had the problems, described at the beginning of my post. i tried different things:
- static link
- dynamic link
- different "linkorders" of the libraries

nothing worked.

so i downloaded the full sdk, started the vs08 project and build my own debug, debug-dll, release and release-dll builds. i then relinked my tutorial project's library to my new created library folder (it's inside the lib folder (vs08 folder)), disabled the sfml_dynamic_link option in the preprocessor and finally linked the linker additional dependencies to my new created static libs.

both worked now the window tutorial and the renderwindow tutorial.

my system:
window 7 64bit prof
visual studio 2010
nvidia gtx295
intel core i7

hopefully this is useful for others ;)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 03:08:02 pm »
There are already a lot of topics which say that you need to recompile SFML if you use Visual C++ 2010 ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Ashenwraith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 04:19:49 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
There are already a lot of topics which say that you need to recompile SFML if you use Visual C++ 2010 ;)

This is a good point. Maybe it might help to put a red letters on the download page or something like that.