Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: How do I shift background to grayscale?  (Read 8920 times)

lori3

• View Profile
How do I shift background to grayscale?
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:43:12 am »
Hi.

So I'm trying to create a warcraft II clone and I'd like to shift the gameplay's display to grayscale if the in game menu gets opened.
Here is a screenshot:
https://ibb.co/G31nhtX

github to full source (it's huge though): https://github.com/lori2001/Warcraft-II-HD

I found out I'd have to shift each pixel of the image to about this amount (y is a pixel in grayscale)
y=0.3R+0.6G+0.1B

I just have no idea how it's done. =)) Could you guys please help me out?
Warcraft II HD. Check it out! - https://github.com/lori2001/Warcraft-II---clone

lori3

• View Profile
How do I shift background to grayscale?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 01:56:35 am »
Hi.
So I'm trying to create a warcraft II clone with c++ 17 and SFML 2.1.

I'd like to grayscale the background (similarly to the original game) in case the in-game menu is opened.
I figured I'd need to shift each pixel's value by y=0.3R+0.6G+0.1B. (where y is the shifted value)

The thing is I don't really know how to do that =)). I searched and couldn't find anything. I hope you can help me out.

here's a screenshot:

here is the full code (In case you wanna see the whole thing)
https://github.com/lori2001/Warcraft-II-HD

lori3

• View Profile
How to shift background to grayscale?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 01:58:38 am »
Hi.

I'd like to grayscale the background (similarly to the original game) in case the in-game menu is opened.
I figured I'd need to shift each pixel's value by y=0.3R+0.6G+0.1B. (where y is the shifted value)

The thing is I don't really know how to do that =)). I searched and couldn't find anything. I hope you can help me out.

here's a screenshot:

lori3

• View Profile
How to shift window content to black and white?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 02:01:31 am »
Hi.

here's a screenshot:

lori3

• View Profile
How to shift window content to black and white?
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 02:02:35 am »
Hi.

here's a screenshot:

Power

• View Profile
Trying to get the global bounds From this "Vertex"-transformable Class
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 06:31:05 pm »
Hello, so here is the shape i made, and my goal ultimately is to be able to test the intersections between some entity and the elements of this image specifically (it means : not the rectangle surrounding the shape).

Its construction follow the tilemap example, its has a vertexArray as an attributes which is resized to match the size of the total numbers of vertices needed to make the shape in the image above. So total numbers of vertices is :
1) +4 (for the rectangle in the middle)
2) +(6*4) for the diamond shapes on every side.
3) multiply line 2 by 4.
Totat vertices = 4+(6*4)*4= 100.

I proceed to construct the vertices with a function member of the class
class VertexFun :  public sf::Transformable , public sf::Drawable
{private:

sf::VertexArray V;
...}
And the function would be :
public :
      bool VertexShapeQuad(const std::string& address, sf::Vector2f centerOfVertex, sf::Vector2f Dimensions, sf::Vector2f halfRadius, int NumberOfWings, int NumberOfElements )
        {...} /// i dont need the first parameter, it's just in case i want to use a texture

Final result is shown at the beginning of this post.
VertexFun shape1;
    shape1.VertexShapeQuad("data/tilemap.png",sf::Vector2f(400,400),sf::Vector2f(30,30),sf::Vector2f(10,10),4,6);
window.clear(sf::Color::White);

window.draw(shape1);
        window.display();

Okay now i am taking the advice i was given lastly here : https://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=27161.0
And i am trying to get the global bounds of the vertexArray:

i implemented this function member :
sf::FloatRect getGlobalBounds()
        {
            return getTransform().transformRect(V.getBounds());
        }

And when using it in the main :
sf::FloatRect ff;
    ff=shape1.getGlobalBounds();
    int aa,bb,cc,dd;
    aa=ff.left;bb=ff.top;cc=ff.width;dd=ff.height;
    cout << " left top width height : " << aa << " " << bb << " " << cc << " " << dd << " " << endl;

I find that it has what i presume the bound of the rectangle made by the whole shape :

AND, when i use a moving function:
up = (sf::Keyboard::isKeyPressed(sf::Keyboard::Up) ? 1 : 0);
        if(up==1)
        {
                shape1.move(0,-10);
                cout << " left top width height : " << aa << " " << bb << " " << cc << " " << dd << " " << endl;
        }
The bounds are the same.
___
To the questions :

1) I think i should have a member function (sf::FloatRect getGlobalBounds()) that applies to each little structures (the rectangle + diamonds) i made, and then proceed to test them ALL, to be able to check the "intersection" of an entity with my vertexclass?
But IS THAT POSSIBLE? Since i have only one "VertexArray" in my Class? The GetBounds applies to the wholes points of the vertexArray and not individually for each 4 vertices.... (reminder : all the elements in the image are 4-vertices shapes inside ONE vertexAray)

2) Any other idea how to do it?
Thanks

Power

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 06:31:42 pm »
Hello, so here is the shape i made, and my goal ultimately is to be able to test the intersections between some entity and the elements of this image specifically (it means : not the rectangle surrounding the shape).

Its construction follow the tilemap example, its has a vertexArray as an attributes which is resized to match the size of the total numbers of vertices needed to make the shape in the image above. So total numbers of vertices is :
3) multiply line 2 by 4.

{private:

...}
public :
      bool VertexShapeQuad(const std::string& address, sf::Vector2f centerOfVertex, sf::Vector2f Dimensions, sf::Vector2f halfRadius, int NumberOfWings, int NumberOfElements )
        {...} /// i dont need the first parameter, it's just in case i want to use a texture

VertexFun shape1;
    shape1.VertexShapeQuad("data/tilemap.png",sf::Vector2f(400,400),sf::Vector2f(30,30),sf::Vector2f(10,10),4,6);

window.draw(shape1);
        window.display();

Okay now i am taking the advice i was given lastly here : https://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=27161.0

{
        }

int aa,bb,cc,dd;

I find that it has what i presume the bound of the rectangle made by the whole shape :

if(up==1)
        {
                shape1.move(0,-10);
        }
The bounds are the same.
___
To the questions :

1) I think i should have a member function (sf::FloatRect getGlobalBounds()) that applies to each little structures (the rectangle + diamonds) i made, and then proceed to test them ALL, to be able to check the "intersection" of an entity with my vertexclass?
But IS THAT POSSIBLE? Since i have only one "VertexArray" in my Class? The GetBounds applies to the wholes points of the vertexArray and not individually for each 4 vertices.... (reminder : all the elements in the image are 4-vertices shapes inside ONE vertexAray)

Thanks

Power

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 06:34:14 pm »

3) multiply line 2 by 4.

{private:

...}
public :

VertexFun shape1;

window.draw(shape1);
        window.display();

{
        }

int aa,bb,cc,dd;

if(up==1)
        {
                shape1.move(0,-10);
        }
The bounds are the same.
___
To the questions :

Thanks

Power

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 06:34:57 pm »

3) multiply line 2 by 4.

{private:

...}
public :

VertexFun shape1;

window.draw(shape1);
        window.display();

{
        }

int aa,bb,cc,dd;

if(up==1)
        {
                shape1.move(0,-10);
        }
The bounds are the same.
___
To the questions :

Thanks

Power

• View Profile
Trying to get the global bounds From this "Vertex"-transformabl Class
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 06:36:55 pm »

3) multiply line 2 by 4.

{private:

...}
public :

VertexFun shape1;

window.draw(shape1);
        window.display();

{
        }

int aa,bb,cc,dd;

if(up==1)
        {
                shape1.move(0,-10);
        }
The bounds are the same.
___
To the questions :

Thanks

Objection

• View Profile
    • Email
How to rotate a sprite around another sprite
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 05:36:38 am »
So I'm basically trying to put a reticle around a top down spaceship and when the ship rotates I want the reticle to follow it. Does anyone know how to rotate a sprite around another sprite's origin?

galimor

• View Profile
    • Email
Erreur compilation reference Code Blocks
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 11:58:46 am »
Bonjour,
Après avoir scrupuleusement suivi le tuto pour installer les bibliothèques sfml, mon code est celui donné dans l'exemple test du tuto, donc pas de problème à ce niveau là, mais je ne comprend pas d'où peut provenir le problème, même si je sais qu'il est au niveau des référence, donc peut être que j'ai mal lier mes bibliothèques mais j'ai exactement comme dans le tuto.

Voici à quoi ressemble mes erreurs :
undefined reference to '_imp__ZN2sf6StringClEPKcRKSt6locale'
undefined reference to '_imp__ZN2sf9VideoModeClEjjj'

Il y a 20 erreurs de ce type.
Merci d'avoir lu, si vous pouvez m'aider ça serait génial !

galimor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 12:02:40 pm »
Bonjour,
Après avoir scrupuleusement suivi le tuto pour installer les bibliothèques sfml, mon code est celui donné dans l'exemple test du tuto, donc pas de problème à ce niveau là, mais je ne comprend pas d'où peut provenir le problème, même si je sais qu'il est au niveau des référence, donc peut être que j'ai mal lier mes bibliothèques mais j'ai exactement comme dans le tuto.

galimor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 12:03:51 pm »
Bonjour,

galimor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 12:06:58 pm »
Bonjour,

anything