Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: shuffling vector array with tiles  (Read 930 times)

Tamas35

• View Profile
    • Email
shuffling vector array with tiles
« on: January 31, 2021, 06:01:02 pm »
I am working on a school project. It is a tile moving game, I have the tiles on the screen taken out from a tiles vector array.

I am trying to shuffle the tiles and put them into another vector array called shuffledTiles and then show them on the screen but the code I wrote just works with only one tile. Can anybody help me what I have done on the wrong way. I am a beginner programmer.

This is the code I have for shuffling:

for (int i = 0; i < tiles.size(); i++)
        {

// Vector2f variable for storing the position of the random selected tile
                //sf::Vector2f randTilePosXY;

// integer for the random number between 0 and 15
                int randomNumber = rand() % 15;

// console out to see which random number is selected
                std::cout << "Random Number: " << randomNumber << std::endl;

// taking the randomly selected tile's position and saving it into the Vector2f variable
                sf::Vector2f randTilePosXY = this->tiles[randomNumber].getPosition();

// setting the position of item in the shuffledTiles vector storage under the index number
                //this->shuffledTiles[i].setPosition(sf::Vector2f(randTilePosXY));

// putting the randomly selected tile to the end of the new shuffledTiles vector array
                this->shuffledTiles.push_back(this->tiles[randomNumber]);

std::cout << "shuffledTile X position : " << shuffledTiles[i].getPosition().x << " , shuffleTile Y position: " << shuffledTiles[i].getPosition().y << endl;

}

Can anybody help me why it is showing only one tile on the screen?

On the attached files you can see what I have and what I want to achieve

And my random generator generates same numbers sometimes, I would like to change that one as well. All help appreciated I am persistent to solve this.

Thank you very much everybody
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:50:57 pm by eXpl0it3r »

anything