Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is there a way to load PDF document into image buffer ?  (Read 1636 times)

Dajcok

• View Profile
    • Email
Is there a way to load PDF document into image buffer ?
« on: February 01, 2021, 01:50:51 pm »
Hello,
I'm making a project for one company. What they want from me is load a PDF document, make some stuff with it and then export it to a printer. I thought that SFML will be good library for this project since it is easy to use and it provides many useful functions for project like this. But I have a problem with the first step. I cannot see a way to load PDF file into SFML. Maybe I should convert PDF into JPG and then load it but it is too difficult and I'm looking for an easier solution if it exists. Any tips or tricks ?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Is there a way to load PDF document into image buffer ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 01:55:45 pm »
Hi

make some stuff
I think we'll need some details about this step.

I thought that SFML will be good library for this project since it is easy to use and it provides many useful functions for project like this
I can't see any useful function in SFML for a project like this. It won't help in loading your PDF, modifying it, and printing it. It seems like the best answer we can give you is to find a better library (or a combination of better libraries) for this task.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Dajcok

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:10:09 pm »
All the good stuff SFML provides is for that "some stuff" i need to make with that pdf. I need to position, rotate, scale other images and place them to this PDF file. After that i need to group these images and the pdf document into a single image and export it to a printer.

Stauricus

• View Profile
    • A Mafia Graphic Novel
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 07:29:50 pm »
then you need some image manipulation program... SFML is more suited to games and alikes, i'd say
maybe ImageMagick would suit you
Visit my game site (and hopefully help funding it? )
Website | IndieDB