Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: createMaskFromColor Error: createMaskFromColor': is not a member ... [Resolved]  (Read 1250 times)

michaelmartin152

• View Profile
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if I am misusing this question area, or if I'm just dumb when it comes to searching on the site. ;)

I am new to SFML and C++ in general, and am trying to make the background of an image transparent in the window. I keep trying to find information about how the createMaskFromColor works, I keep getting errors, and when I search online I can't find information about what I'm doing wrong.

My code is:

sf::Texture test1;
test1.loadFromFile("Right1.png");
test1.createMaskFromColor(sf::Color::White);

I mainly keep getting "class "sf::Texture" has no member "createMaskFromColor" ". Alot of information I find online about it is for an older version of sfml when the command was CreateMaskFromColor, and I can't figure out what I'm missing. I thought it might have been that I needed to include image.hpp in my header like I have for other commands, but that still won't let it work. I've really hit a dead end here after searching online for hours trying to find a solution, and would really appreciate any help. My image is a png that has a transparent background already.

Alternatively if you have a better solution for how to make textures transparent let me know, the createMaskFromColor is what I see people recommending online them most.

Oh it also says error C2039: createMaskFromColor': is not a member of 'sf::Texture when I try to run it.

Before I post this I tried to make an entirely separate program to run just this one command to see if it was something wrong with my setup, and I get the same error. This is the code from the program I'm trying to run:

#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>

int main()
{
   sf::RenderWindow window(sf::VideoMode(1920, 1080), "Taking Flight", sf::Style::Default);
   sf::RectangleShape airplane(sf::Vector2f(50.f, 50.f));
   sf::Texture test1;
   test1.loadFromFile("test1.png");

test1.createMaskFromColor(sf::Color::Black);

window.clear();
   airplane.setPosition(910, 750);

airplane.setTexture(&test1);

while (1 == 1)
   {

window.clear();
      window.draw(airplane);
      window.display();
   }
   return 0;

}

Again any help with this would be awesome, I've given myself a headache trying to figure it out  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:26:53 pm by michaelmartin152 »

G.

• View Profile

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:36 pm »
createMaskFromColor is an sf::Image method.

https://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=5874.msg38603#msg38603

But if your picture already has transparency you don't need to create a mask  ???

michaelmartin152

• View Profile
Oh my god your right, when I was exporting the PNG, I had the format set to 24-bit non-transparent, instead of transparent in my art programs settings. I feel like a doofus now. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! I'll also follow your link and figure out how the command works too, I'm sure it'll come up again.