Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New game development ...  (Read 1583 times)

CrashManga

• Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
    • Email
New game development ...
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:46:47 am »
As a programmer with loads of experience and at the age of 50.
I find that I personally miss the old games I use to play I miss the Atmosphere / the story arch the gameplay the.
Now recall back in the day we use to have 8 bit computer Zx Spectrum C64 and later 16 bit Amiga.
And we played Buck Rogers, Eye of the Beholder, Pacman, Donkey kong and loads of other games, and they all had character I mean some where not the best ports and some where kind of repetitive, now a days games to me seem way to repetitive, there is not enough focus on play and story its just go hack that mob or shoot what ever in an FPS.

So I started to make an SSI Clone of the old Buck Rogers it will be a turn based RPG, and i will post on here my progress, it will be sort of a Cyberpunk style and all done in 2D SFML with sort of pixel art.

And yes I will be doing the graphics as well right now I'm just in the test phage because I kind of want to focus on a story arch have some real cool Pixel art that is reminiscent of blade runner with a puzzle elements as well as top down strategy view, and multiple windows where character editor and other things will be available.

The fun part for me will be putting it all together art, music and programming.

So I'm hoping for some support a like now and then some ideas maybe one or two that would like to test it out when a bit further along for now it will be running on windows but there are a craving for making it into Linux as well but that is another tail for another time   
Be nice Be Creative Be you.

G.

• View Profile
Re: New game development ...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 09:25:23 pm »
What does SSI mean?

kojack

• C++/C# game dev teacher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 07:53:51 am »

Strategic Simulations Inc.
They made all of the Krynn and Eye of the Beholder games, and many more.

CrashManga

• Live long and prosper.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 10:05:49 am »
Ohh i see some one has got their nerd on, boy that brings back memories.

Any way i will post here later on about my progress and the game that I'm making, currently working on the graphics and a bit of the programming, so keep tuned to this post more will come ;)
Be nice Be Creative Be you.

anything