Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Application crashes when using anything related to the audio  (Read 2767 times)

Kay

• View Profile
Hello!

I use the VC++ 2010 compiler with SFML 1.6 and whenever I try to execute my program (debug/release) it crashes.

For example, I can't compile something like this:

Code: [Select]

#include <SFML/Audio.hpp>

int main ()
{
    sf::music;
    sf::sound;  

return 0;
}

In addition, I can't run the audio examples, but everything else works fine. There are no problems with the Graphics package.

I added the two additional .dll-files ("openAL32.dll" and "libsndfile-1") to my Project and link "sfml-audio.lib" in release/ "sfml-audio-d.lib" in debug.

I even tried to compile it with VC++ 2008, but the same problem occured. The console window opens for a second and then crashes in cause of undetermined behaviour. I even compiled SFML 1.6 on my own but that didn't help either.

I land right here after the crash:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-6485046/error.jpg.html

Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Application crashes when using anything related to the audio
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 02:15:55 pm »
You probably need to recompile SFML with VC2010. That doesn't solve the problem since you already did it, or tried with VC2008, but you'll have to do it anyway :)

Then:
1. do you have a 64-bits OS?
2. do you have old SFML DLLs that may conflict?
3. do you have another installation of OpenAL that may conflict?
4. have you tried to run the precompiled audio samples?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Kay

• View Profile
Application crashes when using anything related to the audio
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:54:49 pm »
1. No, 32-bit windows vista

2. No

3. No

4. Yes, the audio samples didn't work

I guess I didn't compile SFML properly, so I followed this tutorial:

I deleted my old SFML folder, downloaded it once again and followed all instructions in the video. When I built the project as shown in the video (Debug DLL/Release DLL/Static DLL) it says at the bottom that not everything succeeded. Then I looked into my folder and saw that not everything was built.

Here is a picture:
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-6487054/compile.jpg.html

I tried once again to build it, but an error occured saying "couldn't find sfml-audio.dll" this time.

[EDIT] I deleted the folder once again and this time the compiler succeeded building "Debug static" and "Release static", no errors occured.
Release DLL and Debug DLL on the other hand still have some occuring probems.

[EDIT] I managed to recompile SFML 1.6 with VC++ 2008 now but still get a crash when compiling the samples.