Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Super Mario Brothers Fan Game (very much improved than last time)  (Read 849 times)

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello, ladies and guys of the SFML Community!  :)

Hoping you are all fine, I'm happy for coming here again, to present you my very very much improved Super Mario Brothers Fan Game. It has been developed with the C# (C Sharp) language, Microsoft .Net, Visual Studio 2022, and the SFML.Net. Maybe some of you remember my previous presentations of my Super Mario Bros. game, but this time, if you are one of those members, you won't recognize it; playability, physics, player and enemy attitude, level design and art, are very much improved, new enemies and power ups are added, and scenery objects (such as water lakes), background effects, and too many details (such as conducting by pipes) were fixed and retouched. This renovated game is mostly for those fans of the Super Mario Brothers, and for everyone who wants to have fun for a while, in general.

Here I give you some videos of me playing some game levels:

By now, you can only play the World 1, the other seven are not yet designed. You know, designing good levels takes some time; for that, I used my own developed (WinForms) level editor. World 2 coming soon!

Here is the download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3cpk1sbb0lh5xd2a7958l/Super-Mario-Brothers-Fan-Game.rar?rlkey=whmd0tnky48rds7ps8v35b1vs&dl=0

I would accept and appreciate any kind of advice, critics, bug or error reports, tips, or any feedback or suggestions on how to get the game better. Ideas would be welcome, mostly in what is conceptual, not in the programmatic because now the project is not open source (Sorry).

There is something, maybe very interesting, which might be very much improved in the game: the graphics. As some members may remember, I just take graphics from the Internet for the game, I'm not an artist, just a programmer; You can hit me for that! Yeahhh! As someone did some time ago the last time I presented the game. The matter is I remember having read some time ago here in this forums that maybe some members (who are artists) could contribute with better graphics and sound for free, just for being credited in the game. So, if there is anyone who would like to, please contact me.

I hope you like the game. World 2 levels and the other ones will be coming soon.

For the last, I don't mind personal comments, but please, if you do, make them positive and constructive.
For the very last, please, forgive my English, I'm not a native speaker.
For the very very last, I want to thank Laurent and the SFML Team for SFML and, especially, the SFML.Net creator and maintainer. It is very important and nice that you were and you are there working for us, for we being able to make our games in a fast, efficient, and easy way. Thank you!

Thank you for reading.  :)
Best regards
Pablo Marty
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Super Mario Brothers Fan Game (very much improved than last time)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 04:35:52 pm »
Hello, ladies and guys of the SFML Community!

World 2 is already designed and added to the Super Mario Brothers Fan Game.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3cpk1sbb0lh5xd2a7958l/Super-Mario-Brothers-Fan-Game.rar?rlkey=whmd0tnky48rds7ps8v35b1vs&dl=0

Here I give you some videos of me playing some World 2 levels:

I hope you enjoy the game. World 3 coming soon!

Happy new year 2024 for everyone!
Regards
Pablo

IsDaouda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 09:41:55 pm »
Hi,
Very good project, I love it!
I will follow the progress of the project to find out more! I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's finished!

Good luck with the work!

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 01:29:25 am »
Hello, IsDaouda

Thank you very much for your feedback! I really appreciate it, more coming from you, that I know you are one of the best developers here.

I hope I'll be finishing World 3 soon!

Regards
Pablo

IsDaouda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 02:58:24 pm »
You're welcome and thank you for this beautiful compliment!

I can't wait to see the good result you will produce!

Good luck and have a nice day!

anything