Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is there a way to statically link to msvcp100.dll?  (Read 5009 times)

DroomNop

• View Profile
Is there a way to statically link to msvcp100.dll?
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:56:12 pm »
I'm just learning SFML, so I'm writing lot's of learning-how-to-do-stuff-test-programs, and I wanted to show my friend what I had done, but he got the error that msvcp100.dll was missing. I found out later that people who get that error just need to install the VC++ Redistributable Package, but isn't there a way I could statically embed it into my executable so I don't have to provide that 5mb installer for every person who doesn't have it installed already? Not that it's too tedious, just would be easier I guess.

SFML rocks by the way, thanks.

Breakman79

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:29:07 pm »
As far as I know, you can't not compile the runtime into your executable.  You can however create a setup project for your program that will install your app along with the required dlls on another computer.  

See this MSDN article:    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd293568.aspx

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:09:13 am »
In your project settings / "C/C++" / "Code generation" / "Runtime library" you must change from "Multithreaded [Debug] DLL" to "Multithreaded [Debug].

But you will have to do so for SFML too, and recompile it. As well as all the external libraries it depends on, which may be extremely tedious because you will have to gather their sources and manage to compile them.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer