Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Recompile SFML issue  (Read 5225 times)

j70141

• View Profile
Recompile SFML issue
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:14:56 pm »
When I run the SFML.sln file and rebuild it, I get the following warnings:

Warning   1   warning C4201: nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union   c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\mmsystem.h   1840   sfml-window
Warning   2   warning C4201: nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union   c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\mmsystem.h   1844   sfml-window
Warning   3   warning C4201: nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union   c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\mmsystem.h   1865   sfml-window
Warning   4   warning C4201: nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union   c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v6.0a\include\mmsystem.h   1869   sfml-window
Warning   5   warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library   sfml-graphics   sfml-graphics

In the end, I do not get a brand new recompiled sfml-system.dll file, though it appears that it recompiles all the other .dll files.

Redien

• View Profile
Recompile SFML issue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 11:24:28 pm »
I'm not really that familiar with Visual Studio, but you mentioned in the other thread that your version was over 5 years old. Then it's probably time to update your IDE. ;)

You can get Visual Studio 2008 Express here.

As you've probably noticed, SFML only include project files for VC 2005/2008. So install either of them and it should compile fine.

j70141

• View Profile
Recompile SFML issue
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 11:31:04 pm »
Quote from: "Redien"
I'm not really that familiar with Visual Studio, but you mentioned in the other thread that your version was over 5 years old. Then it's probably time to update your IDE. ;)

You can get Visual Studio 2008 Express here.

As you've probably noticed, SFML only include project files for VC 2005/2008. So install either of them and it should compile fine.

Thank you for your reply Redien, but I believe I was misunderstood.  I meant my C++ knowledge is 5 years old.  I am using 2008 at this time.

Avency

• View Profile
Recompile SFML issue
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »
Which version are you using exactly?
I did a clean install of Team Suite 2008 on Vista and no problems here.
Make sure that the Windows SDK is set up correctly.

Redien

• View Profile
Recompile SFML issue
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:50 pm »
Ah okay. :)
In these times Google is your best friend. Google the errors/warnings and your bound to find similar problems.

That's as far as I can help I'm afraid. :)

Edit: After googling for 3 min I found this page regarding the conflicting libs: http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/raknet/manual/faq.html.

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

You need to select Multithreaded Debug and Multithreaded libraries in the project options.

Edit2: it looks like "nonstandard extension used : nameless struct/union" is a level 4 warning and won't make your life miserable. But you could try updating your Platform SDK to get rid of them.

Bah! Now I've done all the work for you. Good thing I don't have anything better to do. ;)

j70141

• View Profile
Current Settings & Version
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 01:27:20 am »
Quote from: "Avency"
Which version are you using exactly?
I did a clean install of Team Suite 2008 on Vista and no problems here.
Make sure that the Windows SDK is set up correctly.

Demo Version of Professional, Downloaded as of two days ago.  All updates and patches installed.

How should the Windows SDK be set up?  I haven't touched any settings since it was installed, other than setting the tab space to 2 (I hate the default 4).

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Recompile SFML issue
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:52:22 am »
Just forget about these warnings (which have nothing to do with SFML), they won't change anything.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything