Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Massive Error Wall at compile  (Read 9880 times)

Xaymar

• No Sanctuary
    • View Profile
    • Shark Missile Interactive
Massive Error Wall at compile
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:09:33 pm »
Code: [Select]
||=== postfx, Release_Win32 ===|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(String.o):String.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(String.o):String.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(String.o):String.cpp|| more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(String.o):String.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Font.o):Font.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Font.o):Font.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Font.o):Font.cpp|| more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Font.o):Font.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Sprite.o):Sprite.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Sprite.o):Sprite.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Sprite.o):Sprite.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6SpriteD1Ev[sf::Sprite::~Sprite()]+0x155)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Sprite.o):Sprite.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6SpriteD0Ev[sf::Sprite::~Sprite()]+0x15d)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Sprite.o):Sprite.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(PostFX.o):PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(PostFX.o):PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(PostFX.o):PostFX.cpp|| more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(PostFX.o):PostFX.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Image.o):Image.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Image.o):Image.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Image.o):Image.cpp|| more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Image.o):Image.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(Drawable.o):Drawable.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x11)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x11)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(FontLoader.o):FontLoader.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(FontLoader.o):FontLoader.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(FontLoader.o):FontLoader.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(GraphicsContext.o):GraphicsContext.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x11)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'|
..\..\..\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(ImageLoader.o):ImageLoader.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 0 warnings ===|

I used that Tutorial: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php , for setting CodeBlocks to use SFML and moved the paths to fit the new ones. I expected it to run, not to give me an error wall :( What am i doing wrong?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »
You're using a wrong gcc. You must use the gcc 4.4 from MinGW with SFML 1.6, which is not compatible with gcc 3.4.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Xaymar

• No Sanctuary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 10:48:07 pm »
i tried that now. 50+ Errors now reduced to 44
Code: [Select]
||=== postfx, Release_Win32 ===|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp|| undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf7Unicode4TextD1Ev[sf::Unicode::Text::~Text()]+0x9)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf7Unicode4TextD1Ev[sf::Unicode::Text::~Text()]+0x2b)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf7Unicode4TextD1Ev[sf::Unicode::Text::~Text()]+0x5a)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf7Unicode4TextD1Ev[sf::Unicode::Text::~Text()]+0x90)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf7Unicode4TextD1Ev[sf::Unicode::Text::~Text()]+0xa7)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
::~Resource()]+0x9)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
::~Resource()]+0x2b)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
::~Resource()]+0x7d)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
::~Resource()]+0xa1)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6StringD1Ev[sf::String::~String()]+0xc)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6StringD1Ev[sf::String::~String()]+0x2e)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6StringD1Ev[sf::String::~String()]+0x136)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
..\..\..\Temp\postfx\Release_Win32\post-fx\PostFX.o:PostFX.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf6StringD1Ev[sf::String::~String()]+0x25c)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
)]+0xc)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
)]+0x2e)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
)]+0xcc)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
)]+0x18a)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
)]+0x9)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
)]+0x2b)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
)]+0xfb)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
)]+0x133)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
)]+0x12)||undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'|
)]+0x43)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'|
)]+0x133)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'|
)]+0x2cf)||undefined reference to `_Unwind_SjLj_Resume'|
||=== Build finished: 44 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Mingw Version before: 4.4.1 after 4.4.0

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:03 pm »
You must use the DW2 version, not the SJLJ one. I thought the official MinGW one (not the TDMone ) was DW2 by default.

Xaymar

• No Sanctuary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:58:37 pm »
I downloaded it using that link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sfml/SFML-1.6-sdk-windows-mingw.zip and i have no clue about what you're writing D=. I just wanted to run the samples from that package.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:04:30 pm »
I downloaded it using that link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sfml/SFML-1.6-sdk-windows-mingw.zip

I was not talking about SFML, but about gcc. You must use the same version that SFML was compiled with, see here:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php

and i have no clue about what you're writing D=

Sorry :lol:
Basically, there are 3 different versions of gcc currently used on Windows:
- gcc 3.4.5 SJLJ
- gcc 4.x SJLJ
- gcc 4.x DW2
SJLJ and DW refer to the the way exceptions are implemented, and they are incompatible with each other. That's why you must use the same version as SFML.

Xaymar

• No Sanctuary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »
A link to where i get each of those versions would be nice as the current autodownloader is downloading SJLJ. Im wondering why everything else works with all versions with gcc/mingw though(SPE, Irrlicht, SSDLW...)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 03:01:06 pm »
A link to where i get each of those versions would be nice as the current autodownloader is downloading SJLJ

I gave you a link to the Code::Bloks tutorial, where there's a link to the version that you need to download to work with SFML. For the others, just go to the MinGW / TDM websites.

Im wondering why everything else works with all versions with gcc/mingw though(SPE, Irrlicht, SSDLW...)

Are you sure? It would be surprising, the compilers are not compatible and it has nothing to do with what they compile and how they compile it.

Xaymar

• No Sanctuary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »
Well, if thats the version i should have, its SJLJ not DW2, because im using it and it tells me that SJLJ Errors, and the Autodownloader version does the same.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 04:15:53 pm »
Well, if thats the version i should have, its SJLJ not DW2, because im using it and it tells me that SJLJ Errors

The SJLJ errors are produced by your compiler/linker, not by the SFML libraries. That's why you must replace it with the DW2 version.

and the Autodownloader version does the same

As far as I know, the auto-downloader version is still stuck at gcc 3.4.5.

anything