Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dealing with English and French languages  (Read 2032 times)

NoIdea

• View Profile
Dealing with English and French languages
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:39:34 pm »
Hi, personaly, I can speak english sufficiently well to write/understand what happens on the french and english forums. However, each time I write a new topic, I wonder if a should post it on the french, english or both forums.
Would it be possible to have an option saying "link these two subjects" which would say to any user who went on it :

"There is an equivalent subject on the French forum, please visit it if you want to see all the arguments." with a link to the French subject.

This would make it possible to know wether we are missing arguments.
Furthermore, for the project and source-code part of the wiki, I think they should be shown in both wikis because projects and source-code can be understood even if the language isn't the right one.

Thank you, please give me your opinions.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:55:22 pm »
Would it be possible to have an option saying "link these two subjects" which would say to any user who went on it :

"There is an equivalent subject on the French forum, please visit it if you want to see all the arguments." with a link to the French subject.

Not automatically, but it's not a big deal to do it manually. But I'm not sure that many english users speak french well enough. The other way should be more useful, however.

Furthermore, for the project and source-code part of the wiki, I think they should be shown in both wikis because projects and source-code can be understood even if the language isn't the right one

That's right.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

NoIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:01:06 pm »
Should I translate the different topics I've posted in the english forum into french ?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »
Should I translate the different topics I've posted in the english forum into french ?

Hum, no. Consider this as two separate forums, not two parts of the same one.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything