Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Last important modifications in SFML 2  (Read 2352 times)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Last important modifications in SFML 2
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:08:15 pm »
Recently I broke many things in SFML 2, here is a list so that you won't get completely lost :)

1. The major version number no longer appears in the libraries names, they got their initial name "sfml-xxx" instead of "sfml2-xxx". The only exception is for Windows DLLs: they are named "sfml-xxx-2.dll". This is necessary because Windows can't properly handle different versions of the same library.

2. The projects/makefiles for Code::Blocks, Visual Studio, XCode and make have officially been removed, I was wasting too much time maintaining them for nothing. So now you must use CMake (I remind you that I've written a tutorial for that, don't panic).

3. SFML_DYNAMIC is no longer necessary for dynamic builds, now it's for static builds that you need to define SFML_STATIC. This is smarter, since dynamic builds are more "standard", and that OSes other than Windows will probably never have static builds.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

gsaurus

• View Profile
    • Evolution Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:31 pm »
I finally have an excuse to learn about CMake  :wink:

I was wondering why you was keeping with the dynamic define instead of a static one. Good change :P
Pluma - Plug-in Management Framework

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:57:14 pm »
I was wondering why you was keeping with the dynamic define instead of a static one

You should have told me before! Sometimes I just overlook obvious things.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything