Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: MotoGT - open source motorcycle racing game  (Read 6551 times)

zaskar

• View Profile
MotoGT - open source motorcycle racing game
« on: October 04, 2010, 04:40:10 pm »
Hi there. I'm working on a free game in my spare time. It's about motorcycle racing. The "engine" (if such thing exists in its code) is based on SFML. Its written in C++, and artwork is made with Inkscape and The GIMP.

Basically it's a top viewed 2D racing game, where you ride a motorbike and you win races or championships to earn experience to improve your bike and unlock hidden features (the last point is not developed yet).

There is a beta version with many features already available. You can find more info, download the game, or watch a demo video in its homepage: http://motogt.sourceforge.net

It's my first SFML game (in fact, my first public game), and I'm really happy with this amazing lib. It made me forget about graphics and sound and let me concentrate on the game logic. I've found a few problems in the way, but we can blame the lack of experience with it ;).

Congrats to SFML developers and keep it going on that way.

PeterWelzien

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 07:49:43 pm »
It looks fantastic! I really like the menus. Some shadows under the bikes would be nice though.
/Peter Welzien

zaskar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »
In sunny races there are shadows under the bikes, but may be they are too light. Thanks for your comments.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:35:42 am »
FRom the video it looks very nice, good work. :)