Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem at running programms!  (Read 3267 times)

andreaszdw

• View Profile
Problem at running programms!
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:08:41 am »
Hello,

i have sfml 1.6 installed on a computer using windows vista. I try to run the samples. Some samples are working: windows, ftp, sound, sound-capture. Some are not working: opengl, pong, w32

I have tried mingw and visualc 2005 version. It`s the same problem.

What`s wrong?

Andreas

nulloid

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:29:11 am »
What do you mean "not working"? Throws an error message, or even doesn't start, or what?

andreaszdw

• View Profile
didn't start
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 10:08:15 am »
Some programms didn't start. On the win32 sample I see a window with an splitter screen and then a message dialog from windows came "*.exe works no more..."

It seems in every programm where a image is loaded the error come, but where a sound is loaded it is no problem like the sound sample.

Andreas

nulloid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 06:59:01 pm »
Have you tried to produce the same result by creating a simple program, that loads an image, or whatever you think the source of the problem?

andreaszdw

• View Profile
Image load
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 09:10:33 pm »
I tried a simple programm. I open a Renderwindow load an sound and play it. If I change the code and load an image it crashes. The path to the image is correct. If I make a wrong path I became a mistake. With the correct path I saw the window and than the crash came at the point of loading the image.

Maybe is there a dependency which my system not fullfield? Can you tell me, which libraries on my system needed? On Linux everything works well, but I'm not so experienced with windows.

Andreas

nulloid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 09:16:54 pm »
Well... did you try to debug the crash? Or log everything?
The needed dependencies are listed in the tutorials. But I don't think that is tha problem, cause you couldn't even compile your program in that case. Try to update your graphic card drivers. I guess that will solve the problem.

andreaszdw

• View Profile
f*****g driver
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 05:48:35 pm »
Your were right, it works with the correct driver.

Thank you!