Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML2 Topic Request  (Read 1815 times)

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
SFML2 Topic Request
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
Hey,

I'm posting to ask you, Laurent,if you can make something like a sticky topic, where you mantain a list with everything you add to SFML2!

I currently use 1.6 for its stability and release state. Im really interested in changing to SFML2 as soon as possible, canĀ“t wait to use all its features with my engine!

I didn't change yet because SFML2 may be susceptible to design changes and major additions, what could lead into a few rewriting of the engine later.

Would be nice to know about everything that is being added in SFML2, relative to SFML 1.6 along with any bugs it currently has : )

Thanks

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
SFML2 Topic Request
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:01:52 am »
I think, but Laurent knows better ;-) , that doing this for SFML2 is currently a lost of time : SFML2 may change a lot and go back/forward (maybe, I don't know) so Laurent will lose more time maintaining the list. But I completely agree on the idea for the release of SFML2.

In the meantime, you can read the log of the SVN repo.  :wink:
SFML / OS X developer

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
SFML2 Topic Request
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:06:26 am »
Good idea! That should do, i would like to have an idea of what's going on! that way i might even change sooner or later to SFML 2 : )

SFML2 looks hot! :D

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFML2 Topic Request
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:47:02 am »
Well, I have such a list (otherwise I would just kill myself when it's time to write the changelog ;)). But it's pretty crappy, it's just a reminder.

Anyway, I'll see if I can make something interesting from it.

But you can already switch to SFML 2, you'll have less things to change when it's officially released than if you're still with 1.6 ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer