Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML does not show windows on x64  (Read 11661 times)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFML does not show windows on x64
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:26 am »
There won't be any fix for this bug in the 1.x branch (which is already stopped at 1.6). And it's already fixed in SFML 2.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Floomi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 10:43:17 am »
Looks like I'm either merging the patch and recompiling from source then, or hoping someone else does.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 10:50:57 am »
Merging the patch won't be easy, the corresopnding internal code has changed a lot between 1.6 and 2.0.

Floomi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 11:20:38 am »
And I guess the difference in API between 1.6 and 2.0 is fairly large too? So my choices are:
- Ship with an old version of the driver dll
- Do the merge from hell
- Upgrade to SFML 2.0 and rewrite my code accordingly.

I love SFML, it's been very good to me and I'm honestly very grateful for the work you've put in. But it sucks that your stable branch has a known crash bug that affects ~30% of your userbase which isn't going to be fixed.

At the very least it's worth putting a warning on the download page saying "if you want your app to work with ATI cards, use SFML 2". Or then promote SFML2 as the stable version and ditch 1.6 altogether ;)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 11:41:05 am »
I know, it's really bad... But you can also blame ATI. They already had this annoying bug which caused a crash at exit, but now they also introduced this new bug that makes it freeze at startup; they should learn what "regression tests" means.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to both maintain 1.6 and work on 2.0, so I try to release SFML 2.0 as soon as possible and hopefully the old and buggy 1.6 will be forgotten quickly :)

Viruses

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2011, 05:56:28 am »
I had the exact same problem and the atigktxx.dll worked for me too but,this has only happened 2 times, sometimes when i run the application this blue thing fills my screen and tells me the computer is shutting down to protect from damage. I scanned the DLL and it had no threat but i don't know why that shutting down thing happens. Also, i didnt build 2.0 SFML i downloaded from a website but when i try to run application in SFML 2.0 it gives me an error "Undefined reference to _imp__.....  And some random stuff appears where i put the dots.Please help!

anything