Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Simple Guide for Installing SFML to Ubuntu 64-bit?  (Read 1270 times)

xdzt

• View Profile
Simple Guide for Installing SFML to Ubuntu 64-bit?
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »
I spent most of last night trying to install SFML to the latest [k]ubuntu 64-bit distro with minimal success. Eventually after a few hours, I was able to compile clock.cpp with g++ and get it to run, so I decided to try compiling and running the pong example, which didn't work. At this point it had been 5 hours or so of chasing down dependencies, and I decided there must be a better way.

So, my question is if there's a straightforward guide to getting a fully functional SFML installation on 64-bit ubuntu? Perhaps a .deb package somewhere that would magically solve all my woes? I've had a search, but haven't run across anything yet.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:34:28 pm »
I guess SFML 1.6 is packaged in the official repositories.

For a manual installation to succeed, all you have to know is the list of dependencies, which is there (near the end):
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-linux.php
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

xdzt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:38:43 pm »
Thanks! I'll give it a shot tonight. I tried both manual installation and installing from the repos, but I overlooked that list somehow, so I'm guessing that's where my problem lay.

anything