Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New section desirable?  (Read 3810 times)

devlin

• View Profile
New section desirable?
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »
I've noticed a lot recently the type of questions posted are either compiler related or newbie related (not talking SFML in particular - but with for instance c++ in general - i.e. why does my compiler shout at me).
I'm not using the word newbie in any derogatory way, as everyone's a newbie when first starting out.

Wouldn't it make sense to create a "For Beginners" forum where such questions could be posted and answered by other forum users; in order for us to help you get (slightly) more free time to focus on SFML2? :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
New section desirable?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
Hmm... That wouldn't change anything for me ;)

But don't worry, I already skip posts that are easy to answer -- sometimes.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
New section desirable?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 02:28:52 pm »
I think that's what the "General" board is for (i.e. setup, general questions regarding compiler, IDE etc.). The most (young) people who start programming are interested in games, so it's quite normal that there're a lot people around here asking basic questions. But in my opinion it's just okay, no need to separate it.

Haikarainen

New section desirable?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:23 pm »
This is actually a pretty good idea, a lot of other forums use this division of sections and it turns out with great results.

The beginner forums is always more active, and get response a lot quicker, while it leaves the "clutter" off of the "regular" forum, leaving it for people to really think about problems.

New section desirable?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:30 pm »
You can post your questions in the new topic or replies? but that should based on under topics.....

Cegonsoft

anything