Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My Gui library  (Read 4146 times)

adikid89

• MSN Messenger - adikid89@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
My Gui library
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »
Yes.. it's yet another gui library. It's still in process, so it's not actually usable atm. It's called SimpleGui, because hopefully it'll be really easy to use.

I don't have too much to say about it, because still it's still early in the development a lot of things are subject to change, but here's a basic feature description:
1. Themes. Widgets can have default values. You can also add user data to the current theme.
2. Dynamic widget creation. Basically means that you can create widgets from .xml files.
3. WYSIWYG Editor. This isn't implemented yet, but everything I've done so far was designed to make it easier to implement it, (dynamic widget creation especially).

There's only a few default widgets so far... Like buttons, line edits, window's, checkboxes, radioboxes, and a text area... though none these are completely finished yet(but they are basically functional).

To interact with the widgets, you register a listener to some widget's events. Here's how it basically looks like in the .ui file:
Code: [Select]

<listener name="default">
        <widget name="my_widget.my_button" event="4" />
    </listener>

and the only code you'd have to write in your app is polling for events and responding to them.. like this:
Code: [Select]

while(e = m_gui.GetMediator().GetEvent()) {
std::cout << "Received event!: " << e->GetType()) << std::endl;;
}

source code is here: http://code.google.com/p/simple-gui/

Cuban-Pete

• View Profile
My Gui library
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:49:00 pm »
age of empires spotted!  :D

WYSIWYG, sounds interesting.

small tip, don't put big frames of purple in your example images, it looks bad  :wink:

adikid89

• MSN Messenger - adikid89@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
My Gui library
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »
Quote from: "Cuban-Pete"
age of empires spotted!  :D

WYSIWYG, sounds interesting.

small tip, don't put big frames of purple in your example images, it looks bad  :wink:

Yeah.. you're right, sorry. Looks a lot better now.