Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Terra Game Engine  (Read 10356 times)

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:26:32 am »
Hey guys, OniLink here, and I have something for you!
I've been working on this game engine for quite a while now, and I think it's ready for public release.
Quote from: "README"
The Terra Game Engine is a game engine designed to be easy to use in the creation of 2D games. It provides an object manager, resource manager, level loader, game loop, and more! It is written in pure C++0x, and conforms to the portions of the standard implemented in GCC 4.6.

Repository
Task Tracker
The level and configuration files are stored in XML files, which are parsed by RapidXML.

The engine runs on the latest build of SFML2, so make sure you have it! Any dynamic libraries, including the SFML libraries, must be provided by you when distributing the games made with this engine.

There are currently no tutorials. Soon, I will begin making tutorials for this engine.

If anyone has any suggestions or error reports, post them on the Task Tracker. If anyone wishes to become a developer, please let me know.
I use the latest build of SFML2

Haikarainen

Terra Game Engine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:59:39 am »
Looks cool. How do you create the games? Scripts/"WYSIWYG" or just include with C++ ?

I might be able to help you out with some of the tools. Mapeditor etc. What format are they in? I've written several own map-formats in my days, with capabilities like parallax scrolling, multiple tile-layers, objects, playerstart etc. so i know im good for it.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:50:18 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
Looks cool. How do you create the games? Scripts/"WYSIWYG" or just include with C++ ?

I might be able to help you out with some of the tools. Mapeditor etc. What format are they in? I've written several own map-formats in my days, with capabilities like parallax scrolling, multiple tile-layers, objects, playerstart etc. so i know im good for it.
I've been trying to get everything up so that it's usable for anyone. Once I have finished one last thing (parsing the level files, it's ALMOST done, should be up within a week), I'll try to write tutorials on making games with it.

Svenstaro

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 03:25:16 am »
Hey, let's join forces! We're developing the Ducttape Engine and we use many of the same tools and standards as you. So far, we seem to have more progress.

If you are at all interested in this, shoot me a message on Github and we'll discuss details. No need to duplicate efforts.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:09:13 am »
Quote from: "Svenstaro"
Hey, let's join forces! We're developing the Ducttape Engine and we use many of the same tools and standards as you. So far, we seem to have more progress.

If you are at all interested in this, shoot me a message on Github and we'll discuss details. No need to duplicate efforts.
I took a look at your code, and personally, I prefer my own engine. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:49:01 am »
Released a big update yesterday. The level parser is almost done.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 01:35:09 am »
Another update was just released. Just two things remain until I can begin the tutorials.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 04:52:02 am »
And the level parser is done! My next task is to write tutorials for making games with the engine. Unfortunately, until I can get in contact with a friend of mine, this will have to be put off for a while.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Terra Game Engine
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:54 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"

Sorry about my vague answer before, I was tired at the time. To make games with it, you will need to use C++. Levels are created with the Ogmo Editor. I'll go into more specifics once I have the tutorials prepared.

Tresky

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Terra Game Engine
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »
I realize this is 2 years late, but is this project still available? The links are broken up top, but it sounds interesting and I'd like more information if it's still available. :)

Ciao!

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 11:24:39 pm »
I realize this is 2 years late, but is this project still available?
I'm not sure, but I don't think the author will notice your comment (unless he subscribe to the thread and gets notified via email). OniLinkPlus hasn't been on the forum since November 2012. I guess the best chance you have is to contact him via a PM. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »
Man, what timing. Unfortunately, I went through a phase of severe depression over the last couple years, with all of my projects dying in the process. I can confirm that I'm doing much better now and working on a similar project to replace this one (since everything was lost), but it's nowhere near ready for release.

Tresky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 01:51:27 am »
Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about your depression. Life can really be a stick in the side. I am glad to hear that you are doing better though! May God have his hand on you.

anything