Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 4sure  (Read 2589 times)

Shaijan

• View Profile
4sure
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:21:47 am »
Hey all,

I'm working on a little game a few months now and because I use SFML, I wanted to show you.

The game is called Super Space Science Shooter Ultra Ridiculous Extreme or 4sure short.

It's a multiplayer competetive shmup or top-down arcade shooter where 2-4 players try to kill each other. But that's not done by just shooting at your opponents. Every player plays on his own field, with swarms of (friendly) enemies flying around. If he shoots one, this one will explode hopefully causing others to explode as well and triggering killchains. For high killchains a deadly attack gets spawned on the field of an opponent.

Here's a little Screenshot:

The base idea wasn't mine. I copied it from Twinkle Star Sprites, a very adictive old NeoGeo game.

For some more information go to my site.

The game is available for Linux (source code) and Windows (source code + precompiled 32bit binary).

The game is written in C++ using SFML (who would have guessed) and OpenGL. It uses only OpenGL 3.3 core Features (altough SFML doesn't support 3.3 core atm) so you need a somewhat up do date graphics card (GF 8800+).

I'm at a stage now where I can say that all important features I wanted are implemented. And because I'm no good at making graphics, 3D models or sounds, the polishing has to wait. But if anyone got any ideas for features (please see the website first) I'd like to hear them.

Greetings
Shaijan

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
4sure
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »
Cool project! However, the game suddenly terminated (without pressing escape), this occurred multiple times... Does that happen when you win? If yes, then I would wait a short time so that the user realizes it ;)

(I'm using Windows 7 64Bit)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Shaijan

• View Profile
4sure
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »
Hmm ... seems like a bug to me. When you win, the game should just wait for your input (exit/restart). Don't know if i got time to look into it the next few days. But i will try to do it the next week.

anything