Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFMLUploads.Org [OFFLINE]  (Read 32847 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

David

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 12:44:38 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
Quote from: "lakunar"
I found a display bug: just search for " " or "ksks" and you see it.

And to make the search box a bit more user friendly:
Code: [Select]

<form method="post" action="index.php?page=search">
<input id="searchbar" value="Search.." type="text" name="q"
     onfocus="if (this.value == 'Search..') {this.value = '';}"
     onblur= "if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Search..';}"/>
</form>


Thanks! Fixed the searchbar, also the display error. Gotta fix empty querys when i have time. EDIT: Fixed, apparently i dont have a lot of stuff to do this very evening :P

Cheers


Some stuff:

-A "Delete" button for every file and image
-Thumbnail crops image
-Temporarily saving the account/remembering the username/account (although you're probably working on that right now)

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:46 am »
Quote from: "David"

Some stuff:

-A "Delete" button for every file and image
-Thumbnail crops image
-Temporarily saving the account/remembering the username/account (although you're probably working on that right now)


1. Already on it , as stated.
2. Thumbnail will always crop images, its meant to be. The imageupload is for screenshots and cropped thumbnails is always fancier than shrunk for screenshots. As stated.
3. Already fixed, will take some time to take effect tho.

David

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:46 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
Quote from: "David"

Some stuff:

-A "Delete" button for every file and image
-Thumbnail crops image
-Temporarily saving the account/remembering the username/account (although you're probably working on that right now)


1. Already on it , as stated.
2. Thumbnail will always crop images, its meant to be. The imageupload is for screenshots and cropped thumbnails is always fancier than shrunk for screenshots. As stated.
3. Already fixed, will take some time to take effect tho.


Idk, for large images, like mine, it only shows part of an "M"

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 03:32:35 am »
Quote from: "David"
Idk, for large images, like mine, it only shows part of an "M"


well 640x480 is more than enough for a screenshotthumbnail independant of its originsize. Also if i just shrunk it id get ratioissues. Anyway this is the way i like to do it and this is the way im going to do it. end of discussion :P

Thanks for your critics and other tips tho! very appreciated :)

malandrin

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 04:29:37 pm »
Hi,

I tested your site but 2 problems :
- when Im logged in and I press News, I log out
- I uploaded 2 little file for test but I can't see them in my stuffs

But that's a great initiative.

Pity I can't use it for my updator example files (cause I need folder structure for my files)

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »
Quote from: "malandrin"
Hi,

I tested your site but 2 problems :
- when Im logged in and I press News, I log out
- I uploaded 2 little file for test but I can't see them in my stuffs

But that's a great initiative.

Pity I can't use it for my updator example files (cause I need folder structure for my files)


Weird errors, do you have cookies enabled etc? I'll PM u regarding sensitive information


EDIT: Fixed, had some cacheissues :)

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 05:56:55 pm »
Quote from: "malandrin"
Pity I can't use it for my updator example files (cause I need folder structure for my files)


I might just get started with that soon ;)

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
SFMLUploads may be doomed

Since i released the site I've seen very little activity, and it seems like im wasting electricity on hosting it. It currently has ~35 users and there has been 0 serious code-entries(used for what they are meant to), like 4-5 screenshots, and around 2 fileuploads..

If anyone wants to take over it contact me and I'll send you my files

danman

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1121
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 10:29:30 pm »
:cry: , it provides a better file management than the most part of the file hosting  :'( (without dropbox, but it's heavy and doesn't have code or picture hosting).
Pointilleur professionnel

Nexus

  • SFML Team
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6226
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »
Don't give up yet! The project is only a few weeks old, and I think it is just not well-known enough yet to be used by the whole SFML community. It would be a huge pity if you dropped support, SFMLUploads really has big potential.

Concerning the code snippets, it seems like my initial fear has come true: People don't know why they should post code on your site, if they can directly insert it into forum posts. For the more elaborated codes, users probably use the Wiki.

I think sfmluploads.org's main application lies in the screenshots. I believe there have been more than only 4-5, at least I have sometimes seen pictures from your site in this forum, and I have just uploaded two myself. The other important use case is archives for people who don't have a website to host their projects (mostly small games).

Maybe we should all spread the word and recommend your site every time an external file hoster is used, that's probably the best way to make SFMLUploads more popular.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development: first SFML book

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 12:39:56 am »
Quote from: "Nexus"
Don't give up yet! The project is only a few weeks old, and I think it is just not well-known enough yet to be used by the whole SFML community. It would be a huge pity if you dropped support, SFMLUploads really has big potential.

Concerning the code snippets, it seems like my initial fear has come true: People don't know why they should post code on your site, if they can directly insert it into forum posts. For the more elaborated codes, users probably use the Wiki.

I think sfmluploads.org's main application lies in the screenshots. I believe there have been more than only 4-5, at least I have sometimes seen pictures from your site in this forum, and I have just uploaded two myself. The other important use case is archives for people who don't have a website to host their projects (mostly small games).

Maybe we should all spread the word and recommend your site every time an external file hoster is used, that's probably the best way to make SFMLUploads more popular.


Didn't expect this kind of  response really, i guess i could wait to pull the plug and see how things turn out.  Thanks to both of you for the response ^^

Groogy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1470
    • MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 02:44:48 am »
Wondering, can I have my videos there for download if someone would like to have them available for offline use? The first video was 40mb but the second video on 20 minutes are on around 70mb. Of course they will be in archives so the size should go down even more.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Haikarainen

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 545
    • MSN Messenger - fredrik.haikarainen@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:14 am »
Quote from: "Groogy"
Wondering, can I have my videos there for download if someone would like to have them available for offline use? The first video was 40mb but the second video on 20 minutes are on around 70mb. Of course they will be in archives so the size should go down even more.


I would want to say, "If it's related to SFML", but since my server is currently craving for usage, Go ahead! :)

Hiura

  • SFML Team
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4328
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 11:21:58 am »
So let's share!  :)
 |
\/
SFML / OS X developer

Cuban-Pete

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 71
    • View Profile
[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2011, 03:13:05 pm »
hehe, you should install an anti junk c++ code filter, now it allowed me to upload my crappy code...  :P

https://legacy.sfmluploads.org/index.php?page=view_code&id=41

works pretty nice and fast:

 

anything