Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFMLUploads.Org [OFFLINE]  (Read 54191 times)

Haikarainen

[RELEASED] SFMLUploads.Org
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 11:36:47 am »
Quote from: "easy"

I've found a minor CSS bug:

The borders of the thumbnails are misplaced.
I just wanted to let you know.

Hm thats weird, what browser are you using? Any other relevant information? Like, is it just like that if there is a certain ammount of images?

EDIT; Btw, thanks alot for telling me these things! It's really your feedback that makes this site great!

easy

• MSN Messenger - easy82.contact@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2011, 05:07:51 pm »
A-ha! You're cheating! :D I've just deleted this picture and reuploaded here, and the first one is still available! So actually deleting is giving up on ownership on your site! :)

Hm thats weird, what browser are you using? Any other relevant information? Like, is it just like that if there is a certain ammount of images?

It's Chromium 13.0.782.107 (Developer version 94237 Linux) Built on Debian unstable, running on Linux Mint Debian Edition. The borders in Firefox are all right though. And yes it already happened before. I think it's just a simple CSS problem, supposing the border+shadow is an image, use "no-repeat" at the background-repeat property.

EDIT; Btw, thanks alot for telling me these things! It's really your feedback that makes this site great!

Wow. :shock: Bug reports must be very rare on these forums, Kalith was also really happy to get a bug report!

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »
Of course they are happy. You just took some work of their hand of actually finding a bug/testing :P
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Haikarainen

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:27 am »
A-ha! You're cheating! :D I've just deleted this picture and reuploaded here, and the first one is still available! So actually deleting is giving up on ownership on your site! :)

Yes, the cache isn't being deleted yet, the picture shouldn't be available under "mypics" tho, since all data + original picture is deleted from the mysql database. Will fix cache when i fix "are you sure" :)

It's Chromium 13.0.782.107 (Developer version 94237 Linux) Built on Debian unstable, running on Linux Mint Debian Edition. The borders in Firefox are all right though. And yes it already happened before. I think it's just a simple CSS problem, supposing the border+shadow is an image, use "no-repeat" at the background-repeat property.

Debian unstable as in 7 or unstable as in pre-stable 6 ? I have a virtual box running stable 6.0, will start it up and start checking.

EDIT; Downloaded repo-release of chromium on debian 6 stable, no error here :S Also, the border + shadow is a bgimage, but this shouldnt happen, this there is some position/size-offset somewhere.
I tweaked the CSS a little to let it be more strict, does it work now?
Cant seem to reproduce the problem in any of;
Windows-> Firefox 6, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome
Debian-> Iceweasel, Chromium

Wow. :shock: Bug reports must be very rare on these forums, Kalith was also really happy to get a bug report!

Yes, we aren't all madmen who find bugs faster than anteaters, very appreciated ;)

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2011, 10:11:03 pm »
Debian unstable as in 7 or unstable as in pre-stable 6 ? I have a virtual box running stable 6.0, will start it up and start checking.

EDIT; Downloaded repo-release of chromium on debian 6 stable, no error here :S Also, the border + shadow is a bgimage, but this shouldnt happen, this there is some position/size-offset somewhere.
I tweaked the CSS a little to let it be more strict, does it work now?
Cant seem to reproduce the problem in any of;
Windows-> Firefox 6, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome
Debian-> Iceweasel, Chromium

It's Debian Wheezy/Sid. I've just copy-pasted what I've seen in the About section of Chromium. I'm on Debian Testing though. Anyway! The problem is gone, my friend! I've added and deleted an image, and the borders are shown all right! It was a sooo minor bug anyway! But now, it's perfect in all the browsers. Thank you! :)

Oh yes ... and keep the cool features coming! :P

I was thinking, how to advertise it in the SFML circles... I'll certainly add it to my signature. But I think the official SFML site should have a post about this site, or at least offer a link to SFMLUploads!

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »
Testing... cool, it work! :D

Haikarainen

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2011, 06:36:14 am »
Testing... cool, it work! :D

Awesome! Thanks for your feedback and PR ;D

Haikarainen

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2011, 03:30:35 am »
Wooot! 100 members! _4ian_ took this one :)

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2011, 04:20:21 pm »
Cool! :D ...And when are the new features coming? :P

Haikarainen

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
Cool! :D ...And when are the new features coming? :P

When I have the time :P As said I have a lot of balls in the air atm, and currently I'm really sick as well.

Btw I feel dirty about your avatar, really nice to see that you use sfmluploads for this, but I think I will put "Let people upload avatars without watermarks" on my todolist :P Like if the picture is less than 200x200 it wont get the "sfmluploads.org" at the bottom right.

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2011, 05:17:35 pm »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
Btw I feel dirty about your avatar, really nice to see that you use sfmluploads for this, but I think I will put "Let people upload avatars without watermarks" on my todolist :P Like if the picture is less than 200x200 it wont get the "sfmluploads.org" at the bottom right.

Don't worry about it, I've resized my avatar to look good with the "sfmluploads.org" watermark. :P

easy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2011, 06:08:27 pm »
I've got it! Separate this feature from screenshots! There could be an 'Upload avatars' button, which would have width/height and size restriction. And the avatars wouldn't have a watermark on them.

Haikarainen

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:58 pm »
I've got it! Separate this feature from screenshots! There could be an 'Upload avatars' button, which would have width/height and size restriction. And the avatars wouldn't have a watermark on them.

Well, it would be very simpler to just ignore waterstamps on uploaded images that have a resolution lower than a defined value. But I guess you're right that it might be misleading since they're called screenshots.

Haikarainen

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2011, 06:44:11 pm »
Recent downtime (approx ½-1hour) was because of emergency hardware prioritizing. Site is now up

Haze

• View Profile
    • Github Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
I've just signed up, the site has a clean design and is very easy to use.
Congrats for the good work.