Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Example program not running and other issues.  (Read 1783 times)

Avernikas

• View Profile
Example program not running and other issues.
« on: August 16, 2011, 06:06:37 am »
Hello everyone!

I wanted to start learning SFML, found what looks like a good tutorial. but ran into some problems.

(Using Code::Blocks)

1. The exe....no window comes up when I run it.
2. When I "build and run" the debug version, it says I'm missing sfml-graphics.dll
3. I tried moving the dll files into a the "bin" folder, no change, moved them into the main folder, which has the codeblocks project file and all that stuff, it no longer tells me im missing them, but the console just...remains blank.

I may have installed SFML wrong, or my friend tell me I may have the wrong GCC compiler.  Wondering if anyone knows something about this and can help out.  Here is the tutorial I was looking at: http://redkiing.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/your-first-sfml-game-part-i-introduction/

Thanks!

kidchameleon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »
Did you use pre-built binaries? If so are you using the right ones? You may like to check this website out...

http://sfmlcoder.wordpress.com/

It has tutorials for building the binaries yourself.

I thing everybody has problems with getting the compilers to work initially, but I assure you it works, just keep trying! SFML is by far the easiest library to get going.

Avernikas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:53 am »
Quote from: "kidchameleon"
Did you use pre-built binaries? If so are you using the right ones? You may like to check this website out...

http://sfmlcoder.wordpress.com/

It has tutorials for building the binaries yourself.

I thing everybody has problems with getting the compilers to work initially, but I assure you it works, just keep trying! SFML is by far the easiest library to get going.

I'm thinking its an issue with the catalyst drivers, apparently SFML 2 will fix it.

kidchameleon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:32 am »
Well I'd say get yourself the latest snapshot and build it or you'll find them prebuilt on that web site I gave you. 2.0 is much better anyhow.

Avernikas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:52:19 am »
Quote from: "kidchameleon"
Well I'd say get yourself the latest snapshot and build it or you'll find them prebuilt on that web site I gave you. 2.0 is much better anyhow.

Yeah, ill try 2.0, I downgraded my catalyst drivers, no effect :/

anything