Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 Snapshot  (Read 1398 times)

Jade

• AOL Instant Messenger - Lady+Jaeda
    • View Profile
SFML 2.0 Snapshot
« on: July 02, 2011, 08:01:00 am »
Hello. First of all, let me say that I switched to SFML from using OpenGLUT a few months ago for my game-turned-thesis project and I have been loving it ever since.

I have a problem. I noticed a little while ago that I could no longer run my game on my computer (Windows 7 64 bit). I had recently switched to an ATI Radeon card, and I'm sure my drivers have been updated since getting it. I'm having that Radeon window generator issue thing with SFML Dynamic. I've read several posts about how to fix that, one of which is to link statically, or to use an SF::Init() function (trying to find a tutorial on how to do that, actually, I'm not using Visual Basic, though, I'm using Code::Blocks), but I'm wondering if the easiest, forward compatible way of doing things is to grab the 2.0 snapshot and use that. I read that a workaround was coming in 2.0 and I'm wondering if the snapshot contains that workaround.

If this has already been answered I apologize in advance.
Jae'da / Jade
Sakura Densetsu

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
SFML 2.0 Snapshot
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:05:49 am »
It was an idea to implement an sf::Init function but it was never done. It has been fixed in SFML2 but will not be implemented in SFML 1.x as those versions are discontinued.

So just download SFML2 and it should work straight out of the box(Remember though there are huge changes between SFML2 and SFML1)
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Jade

• AOL Instant Messenger - Lady+Jaeda
    • View Profile
SFML 2.0 Snapshot
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 08:08:32 am »
Quote from: "Groogy"
It was an idea to implement an sf::Init function but it was never done. It has been fixed in SFML2 but will not be implemented in SFML 1.x as those versions are discontinued.

So if I get the snapshot and make whatever adjustments I need to work with that (I glanced at some changes but I don't know if I use a lot of the more complex functionality as yet that upgrading will be much of a headache) I should be good to go? I just wasn't sure if it was something that *would be in eventually* or was published/currently available.

Edit: Okay, thank you! :)
Jae'da / Jade
Sakura Densetsu

anything