Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Really annoying problem with windows not "opening"  (Read 7950 times)

cdlink14

• View Profile
Really annoying problem with windows not "opening"
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 03:44:14 am »
Well now I'm getting really Pi**ed off.

I've tried doing as danman said and I still get the same error about not being able to find the "build program".

I've even tried setting the PATH environment variable to the MinGW folder, and still the same error message!

Is there any particular reason why the libraries can't just be pre-compiled and included? Because this is giving me a serious headache. And I'm just considering giving up all together.

cdlink14

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 04:04:45 am »
Ok so I downloaded MinGW from the MinGW website and installed that (I don't see why I should need too, but meh it's not like it wastes disk space on my already filled hard disk).

I've managed to run Cmake
I get this output:
Code: [Select]
The C compiler identification is GNU
The CXX compiler identification is GNU
Check for working C compiler: D:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: D:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Check for working CXX compiler: D:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: D:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Looking for sys/types.h
Looking for sys/types.h - found
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - found
Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of void*
Check size of void* - done
Found OpenGL: opengl32
Found Freetype: D:/Users/user/Desktop/LaurentGomila-SFML-732b789/extlibs/libs-mingw/libfreetype.a
Found GLEW: D:/Users/user/Desktop/LaurentGomila-SFML-732b789/extlibs/libs-mingw/libglew.a
Found JPEG: D:/Users/user/Desktop/LaurentGomila-SFML-732b789/extlibs/libs-mingw/libjpeg.a
Found OpenAL: D:/Users/user/Desktop/LaurentGomila-SFML-732b789/extlibs/libs-mingw/libopenal32.a
Found SNDFILE: D:/Users/user/Desktop/LaurentGomila-SFML-732b789/extlibs/libs-mingw/libsndfile.a
Configuring done
Generating done

But no matter where I look there is no Library files?

I know it's still in very development but seriously does the SFML 2.0 tutorial have to be so complex? I sped through the 1.6 tutorial without a single problem but this 2.0 tutorial is seriously starting to grind my gears.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 10:01:56 am »
I know it's still in very development but seriously does the SFML 2.0 tutorial have to be so complex? I sped through the 1.6 tutorial without a single problem but this 2.0 tutorial is seriously starting to grind my gears.

SFML 2 will be precompiled when it's publicly released. Until it happens, you use a development snapshot so you have to compile it yourself.
It may seem difficult the first time you use CMake, but it's only basic stuff, really. Putting a path in the PATH environment variable is useful for many other situations, learning how to do this is a good thing for a programer -- especially when dealing with several compiler versions, or several versions of the same library.
Don't say "SFML 2 is hard to compile", but rather "nice, I've learnt very important Windows stuff today" ;)

But no matter where I look there is no Library files?

You've only generated the project/makefiles that can compile SFML. Now you need to compile it (mingw32-make).
This is explained in the tutorial.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

cdlink14

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »
Ok I apologize if I seemed to get a bit angry, I have been having a bad time lately (I broke my ankle so I am stuck in my room until it gets better) so things are annoying me a lot recently.

I do have some other problems I want to post, but I'll post them later, for now I want to take a break and play some GTA IV.  :wink:

cdlink14

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 09:43:29 am »
Code: [Select]

if (App.GetInput().IsKeyDown(sf::Key::RBracket)) Sprite.Scale(1.001f, 1.001f);
        if (App.GetInput().IsKeyDown(sf::Key::LBracket)) Sprite.Scale(1.001f, 1.001f);

My problem is on the second line, I have no idea how I do a float backwards (so the image downscales, instead of upscaling).

Can someone provide me info on how to do this I want to learn about this before moving to the next part of the tutorial?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 10:22:35 am »
My problem is on the second line, I have no idea how I do a float backwards (so the image downscales, instead of upscaling).

0.999 ;)

cdlink14

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 10:32:51 am »
Ok thanks, an additional question.

How would I go about converting App.GetFrameTime into a string so I can alter it and output it as text on the screen to show the FPS?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:44 am »
How would I go about converting App.GetFrameTime into a string

That's a regular C++ "int to string" conversion, you'll find thousands of relevant answers on Google ;)

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:10 am »
You can have a look at this thread. http://www.sfml-dev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33757

EDIT : not fast enough =P
SFML / OS X developer