Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Access Violation.  (Read 9205 times)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Access Violation.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 05:02:50 pm »
Should be ok then.

Try the static libraries (-s), just to be sure.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Lynx876

• View Profile
Access Violation.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 05:20:22 pm »
I don't have any -s files anywhere in the build :/

I told CMake to create them, but nothing...

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Access Violation.
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »
You must uncheck "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" to build them. This is explained in the tutorial.

Lynx876

• View Profile
Access Violation.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:42 pm »
That's the way I've done it each time, I only checked the box when you said about it in your last post.

Edit:
Just tried a static link, nothing, just more errors.

Think I'll give up on it. Have to learn openGL or something. It's got to be easier than this. Thanks a lot for the help.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Access Violation.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 05:59:10 pm »
If you do things properly and follow the CMake tutorial, things should work out of the box. People having such problems usually mix things they shouldn't (configuration problem) or still have old SFML versions that conflict with the new one.

That's the way I've done it each time, I only checked the box when you said about it in your last post.

So how could you link to sfml-system-d.lib etc., which are dynamic libraries, if you always built the static libraries so far? Are you sure that the .lib files that you use are the one that you compiled? Those should have a -s suffix, if they are the static version (box unchecked).

Lynx876

• View Profile
Access Violation.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:09 pm »
Sorry fella, I was so p*ssed off when I was writing those last messages.

I never realised you were the person that wrote this(SFML), but that's not why I'm apologizing.

It turned out that the driver I had installed was corrupt!! I now have SFML working and it's pretty damn good!

I mainly came back to say thanks for trying to help me when I was being a d*ck and thanks for sharing your great work!

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Access Violation.
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 05:30:44 am »
Quote from: "Lynx876"
Sorry fella, I was so p*ssed off when I was writing those last messages.

I never realised you were the person that wrote this(SFML), but that's not why I'm apologizing.

It turned out that the driver I had installed was corrupt!! I now have SFML working and it's pretty damn good!

I mainly came back to say thanks for trying to help me when I was being a d*ck and thanks for sharing your great work!
I can't believe nobody picked up on the fact that it was a driver error, considering what the errors in your OP were.
I use the latest build of SFML2

Haikarainen

Access Violation.
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 12:20:02 pm »
:D On a latter note, while static linkage is on the issue; You should build SFML and STD libs as static, this way you get rid of ALL neccessary DLL-files, and you know how much we hate DLL's in Windows!

In Linux on the other hand, always build and link shared SFML and STD unless you don't use a very very rare african library that only people with higher power can reach, but if you use linux you probably already know that :P

slotdev

• View Profile
Access Violation.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 02:21:56 pm »
By the way, your 32" TV is just another monitor, so open a window to the size of whatever you need. Your TV probably has a max resolution of 1920x1080 or something like that.
SFML 2.1

anything