Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: wxSMFLcanvas problem  (Read 1604 times)

baccari

• View Profile
    • Email
wxSMFLcanvas problem
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:27:31 pm »
1- I downloaded the source from the "Integrating to a wxWidgets interface" tutorial, I use CodeBlocks with Mingw under windows and I built wxWidgets with Unicode support enabled.
when i compile it gives me the error: "cannot convert 'const TCHAR *' to 'const WCHAR*'
do you i also need to enable Unicode support somewhere else (GCC, SFML) or what's the problem exactly?

2- WxWidgets can provide a rendering context for OpenGL. What are the advantages of using SFML with it if all what you need from SFML is a redering context and handling input ?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
wxSMFLcanvas problem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:41:21 pm »
when i compile it gives me the error: "cannot convert 'const TCHAR *' to 'const WCHAR*'
do you i also need to enable Unicode support somewhere else (GCC, SFML) or what's the problem exactly?

Try to define the UNICODE macro in the "preprocessor definitions" of your project.

What are the advantages of using SFML with it if all what you need from SFML is a redering context and handling input ?

There's none ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

baccari

• View Profile
    • Email
wxSMFLcanvas problem
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:58 pm »
Try to define the UNICODE macro in the "preprocessor definitions" of your project.

That's what was missing, it worked now. Thanks!

There's none :wink:

Then you should add GUI controls to SFML so we can use it alone and avoid wxWidgets :wink: .

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
wxSMFLcanvas problem
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 06:01:07 pm »
Then you should add GUI controls to SFML so we can use it alone and avoid wxWidgets

There are already several projects, more or less complete, that provide GUI controls on top of SFML. You can also use libraries based on OpenGL, such as guichan or cegui.

If I had the time I'd write my own GUI library for SFML, but that's only a dream :lol:
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Richy19

• View Profile
wxSMFLcanvas problem
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:07:38 pm »

anything