Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Weird visual glitches after latest SFML2-port  (Read 2334 times)

Haikarainen

Weird visual glitches after latest SFML2-port
« on: September 05, 2011, 02:01:31 pm »
Hello fellas! I recently updated my SFML2 version from pre-texture to newest, and also ported the project im working on so it works with it, and I discovered some really bugging glitches;

See those lines around some tiles? They appear and disappear when moving( so that the sf::View moves with the character).

The lines seem to be part of whats outside that current tile in the tilesheet, but im passing an intrect to setsubrect, so i actually have no idea what to do.

Also the sf::View magnifies to 2.x for that pixely effect, might that be the problem? if so, is there any solution?

It's hard for me to post a minimal working example since my code and the complexity of it is so huge, but here is the drawmethod of the tiles;

https://legacy.sfmluploads.org/code/81

For those of you who are interested in the game more than the problem; It's that game you mightve seen me mentioning here on the forums, adventure/puzzle/multiplayer thingy. This is how far i got ;) multiplayer + chat working etc. All graphics except the brown midget is copyrighted and will be used in a commercial product, so dont steal any :D You will be able to buy the game for €4-€5 when its done, maybe even less.

Richy19

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:05 pm »
This used to happen when having smooth images set and using a tile set, might be your case
Try disableing image smoothing

easy

• MSN Messenger - easy82.contact@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »
Hey, nice project Haikarainen! :)

About your problem, it looks like I have a very similar glitch: See the very unanswered topic 'o mine here. :?

The difference is, you don't have tiles all over the map, while I have everything covered with them, so it's more visible in my project.

And when the horizontal or vertical lines come up, it's just plain ugly!

Haikarainen

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 02:49:43 pm »
Quote from: "Richy19"
This used to happen when having smooth images set and using a tile set, might be your case
Try disableing image smoothing

This is not the issue, smoothing is already disabled (would look really ugly if it wernt since im creating a pixely game :P)

Thanks tho!

Haikarainen

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »
Quote from: "easy"
Hey, nice project Haikarainen! :)

About your problem, it looks like I have a very similar glitch: See the very unanswered topic 'o mine here. :?

The difference is, you don't have tiles all over the map, while I have everything covered with them, so it's more visible in my project.

And when the horizontal or vertical lines come up, it's just plain ugly!

Ew yeah that is plain ugly! Nice game btw! really like the graphics!
Well the topic must be known, guess we'll just have to wait for laurent to come around and spread his knowledge.

Will post in your thread as well to display the magnitude of this annoying bug

easy

• MSN Messenger - easy82.contact@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »
Thanks!

He has answered it here!

anything