Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Instrument rhythm game  (Read 3531 times)

greeniekin

• View Profile
Instrument rhythm game
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:32 am »
It is a rhythm game for real instruments. So far I've only got a visualization for a guitar though i plan to have many different types for at least keyboard and drums.

I am using SFML 1.6
At the moment I don't use SFML for much apart from input,loading images and an openGL context. Though I am thinking of having the option for audio to go with a track. A wave file or something similar. Which SFML audio should be perfect for.I do not know about playing at different tempos. Even if speed can be changed then the pitch of notes will as-well.

At the moment +/- keys can increase tempo while playing. That can not really be kept unless There is a 3rd mode separate of training mode. Have no idea what that would be called.

There is no scoring system apart from a little % sign saying the percentage of notes hit out of the entire song.

some Videos

Haikarainen

Instrument rhythm game
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:44:50 pm »
That looks really awesome, man you suck at your own game :D

greeniekin

• View Profile
Instrument rhythm game
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
That looks really awesome, man you suck at your own game :D

Why thank you. I feel so much better about showing my game lol.
Though I still say that is not bad for a few attempts. It's not my best, but still far from my worst.

greeniekin

• View Profile
Instrument rhythm game
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:23 am »
I was wondering if anyone here has access to midi devices that can be hooked up to their computer? and if they would be willing to test it with my app. I'm also very interested in either of the midi guitars for rockband(if anyone has them).
http://www.rockband.com/blog/mad-catz-pro-guitar
http://www.fender.com/promos/2010/rockband3

The reason being is that midi messages vary slightly between products. Also rockband pro mode features muted notes, which I would really like to know what kind of message it sends to indicate that.

Also currently you must play a note within a current note. Not a millisecond before or after. Which makes it difficult sometimes. I need to play with some ideas how i can change this.

Also any other comments/suggestions would be appreciated.