Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: error while running simple test on linux (sfml2)  (Read 1699 times)

pixel_pusher

• View Profile
error while running simple test on linux (sfml2)
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:19:09 am »
Ok, I've never run across this error before....

I built a snapshot of sfml2 and to test it, I compiled the code from the Window and events tutorial, and ran it inside of codeblocks. When I close the window, the terminal spits out this error msg:

Code: [Select]

do wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly. Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.

from a google search, it's apparently coming from a driver in the Mesa utilities package, so I'm not sure if this is an issue with my linux setup or with sfml, though I'm leaning towards the former.

Also, another oddity is that the window is not actually blank, there are some artifacts being drawn by App.Display(). These are totally random line sections.

I built the sfml2 libs with a simple "make && make install " , and I'm running this on Ubuntu 10.04, fully updated. What's confusing to me is that I'm running on a laptop using an Intel graphics chip and I'm using intel's drivers .... so I'd expect that the mesa package would not be involved.

I this just from calling App.Display() with nothing to render? Any suggestions?

Thanks...

edit:   just tried some quick Sprite drawing with a single image, Seems to work fine, no artifacts, image shows up.... but an extra error appears on close:
DRM_IOCTL_GEM_CLOSE 5 failed (region): Bad file descriptor

pixel_pusher

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 01:25:48 am »
alright, so I should have read the FAQ first, compiz is apparently the culprit.

However, the script provided in the faq doesn't seem to be working for me... This is the output of running the script:

sh ./toggle_compiz.sh
fordprefect@bistromath:~/sfml2TEST$ WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXCreatePixmap" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!
compiz (cube) - Warn: Failed to load slide: /usr/share/gdm/themes/Human/ubuntu.png
WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function "glXDestroyPixmap" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an application bug!

It seems to partially turn off compiz, but the same errors show up in the SFML app.
I'm sure I can find a different script to do the compiz toggle, but is there another way around this? Somewhere between switching off compiz and integrating an SFML context into GTK?

Colugo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:18:37 pm »
Sorry to bump such an old thread; I found this page after a bunch of googling and thought I should provide a little extra info.

I built the latest snapshot of sfml2 just to play around and I'm experiencing the same issue posted above. My particular linux distro (crunchbang) uses the xcompmgr composite manager rather than compiz. Disabling the composite manager does not prevent the issue. I also don't have any such issues running any other OpenGL applications, regardless of whether the composite manager is on or off.

I should note that SFML 1.6 also works perfectly on this system. It would be interesting to find out what has changed between 1.6 and 2 to introduce this.

I hope you find this information useful. Good luck! :D