Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFGUI (0.4.0 released)  (Read 350557 times)

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2011, 01:14:20 am »
I would enjoy seeing a notebook widget and a dropdown choice widget.
I use the latest build of SFML2

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
SFGUI
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2011, 01:23:30 am »
Quote from: "OniLink10"
I would enjoy seeing a notebook widget and a dropdown choice widget.

This was also planned a while ago.

To see what we have planned for the future you can visit: https://github.com/TankOs/SFGUI/wiki/TODO-List

Be sure to check out the SFGUI forum too.  We'd like to see how you use the library and might just get inspired to add a widget which would fit your requirements better.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

asdatapel

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2011, 05:51:39 am »
alright i just compiled the new version and it works properly now. Thanks alot though

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2011, 01:15:35 pm »
UPDATE

Today I implemented sfg::Desktop, a managing class for rendering engines and widgets (preferable windows). Desktop manages stackable widgets with focus-switching and correct ordering.

If you want to check it out, get the commits from the desktop branch and run the "Desktop" example.

Here's a screenshot of the new feature:

asdatapel

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »
niiiiiice Question: How do you make a theme? Do you like make an iomage for each wigdet. Also how do u switch themes? Oh yeah, and are you using windows in that screenshot? If so, what theme is that?

victorlevasseur

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2011, 07:24:00 am »
The theme you see on the previous screen is made with only sf::Shape. (with BREW render engine, a sf::Shape based render engine for SFGUI)
So, you can customize the theme using the method :
Code: [Select]
sfg::Context::Get().GetEngine().SetProperty<TYPEOFPROPERTY>("selector", "property", VALUE);

thePyro_13

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:40 am »
This is looking so good. That latest screenshot is very Steamy(reminds me of the pre-2010 steam). :D

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2011, 10:12:06 am »
@asdatapel:
A theme can be made/applied in two ways: Either you set the properties manually in code (like victorlevasseur mentioned) or you load a theme from file, where binary's theme loader will kick in (it's not yet applied to master, so you won't see it right now).

Yes, I am using windows in the screenshot. It's the default theme of BREW (Basic Rendering Engine for Widgets), which utilizes shapes only.

For clarification:
SFGUI does not force you to use any fixed rendering for the widgets. Instead it oursources that functionality into so called "rendering engines". They simply get the widget's pointer and construct sf::Drawables.

SFGUI's reference implementation of a rendering engine is BREW, which -- like said before -- uses shapes. You can change colors, line widths etc., but the overall style won't change.

Themes are only properties that get loaded into the engine, so you're again able to modify colors, line widths etc., but not the overall style. This also means that images are not possible with BREW.

However another guy is currently developing the rendering engine "Bob" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitter_object) that uses textures (and therefore images) for rendering widgets.

If you've used Gnome before, it's just like that. You have all those rendering engines (Murrine, Aurora etc. pp.) that give a rather fixed overall look, but you can still change some properties here and there (colors, rounded edges etc.). If you like Windows, it's comparible to the oldschool design and the new shiny one.

@victorlevasseur:
You can leave out the template parameter, like:
sfg.:Context.:Get().GetEngine().SetProperty( "sel", "prop", 12345 );

With sfg::Desktop it's even easier:
desktop.SetProperty( "sel", "prop", 12345 );

@thePyro_13:
Correct, I took the colors from a Stream screenshot I found on Google. ;)

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »
UPDATE

And this, my friends, is why using layouters is so much fun: ;)

Features added:
  • Window resizing.
  • Table layouter completed, now featuring spanning cells.

All changes have already been applied to master. If you like check them out and tell us about your feelings. :)

keyforge

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »
Quote from: "thePyro_13"
This is looking so good. That latest screenshot is very Steamy(reminds me of the pre-2010 steam). :D

I agree, it looks good! (Also, the TF2 Pyro is amazing!)

I got SFML GUI working on GCC and Visual Studio 2010. I fried my laptop so I recompiled SFML on my desktop and it fixed the OpenGL errors. I'll definately be using it in my current project.
Need a place to upload your code, files or screenshots? Use SFML Uploads!

asdatapel

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2011, 07:46:36 pm »
Quote from: "Tank"

Yes, I am using windows in the screenshot. It's the default theme of BREW (Basic Rendering Engine for Widgets), which utilizes shapes only.
;)

no I meant the Windows window theme

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2011, 08:07:31 pm »
Quote from: "asdatapel"

;)

lol no.. he is using Linux in the screenshot.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

asdatapel

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2011, 11:36:40 pm »
Quote from: "binary1248"

;)

lol no.. he is using Linux in the screenshot.

but he just said hes using windows in the screenshot...

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2011, 12:37:30 am »

but he just said hes using windows in the screenshot...

He meant he was using normal SFGUI windows and not the operating system Windows. Trust me there must be a really really special reason for him to even boot into Windows (OS) to do anything.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2011, 11:19:34 am »
Quote from: "binary1248"
Trust me there must be a really really special reason for him to even boot into Windows (OS) to do anything.

lol

Didn't know you meant the window manager's window decoration, asdatapel. To clarify: The outside window is the one from my "operating system" (actually it's the window manager). All the other windows are sfg::Window. Not to mix up with MS Windows. :)