Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFGUI (0.4.0 released)  (Read 347919 times)

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »
Good news for all CMake haters or "I don't like to build libraries myself"-guys: We have setup a Jenkins CI instance and do provide nightly builds, now. Check out SFGUI's download page: http://sfgui.sfml-dev.de/download

Currently only Windows 32 Bit, Visual Studio 10 and Linux 64 Bit, GCC libraries are being built. If anyone wants to donate some CPU resources to SFGUI for a different architecture/operating system mentioned above, then please contact us so that others can benefit from it.

model76

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2011, 06:35:03 pm »
If anyone wants to donate some CPU resources to SFGUI for a different architecture/operating system mentioned above, then please contact us so that others can benefit from it.
What would this entail?
If you just need me to run something for you, then no problem.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I believe also linux 32 bit. There is no compiler on the Windows box at the moment, but I would gladly install Visual C++ 2008 or 2010, as well as MinGW. The linux box of course comes with GCC.

I don't have all that much in the way of compiling expertise, but I do have some, and I also know how to follow instructions. ;)

Also, thanks for changing the license to zlib/png !

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »
Well Jenkins CI provides a very small Java program that does the whole job for you. We would also configure it so that you don't have to do anything but running it.

It works like this: You connect to our Jenkins master and as soon as it has new jobs, it commands the Jenkins nodes to compile and send compiled files back.

Win64 is already covered, but Win32 and MinGW are missing. Would you mind joining us at IRC? (channel #sfgui, server irc.boxbox.org) Maybe tomorrow, as I don't have time anymore today. ;)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2011, 06:59:59 pm »
I don't know much about Jenkins CI (but I'm definitely going to have a look at it!), but can't you use virtual machines to support other OSes that you can't run natively?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2011, 07:06:55 pm »
... and since you don't provide the corresponding SFML 2 build, people still have to build something ;)

You should at least put a link to the right revision of SFML in SFGUI's repository (with a git submodule), so that users know what to compile.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2011, 07:16:44 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
I don't know much about Jenkins CI (but I'm definitely going to have a look at it!), but can't you use virtual machines to support other OSes that you can't run natively?

Yep exactly. Basically a virtual machine doesn't differ from a "real" machine, except it's, well, virtualized. ;) Jenkins supports some protocols for connecting to machines natively (Windows login, SSH) and a Java client for those machines that shall connect to the master.

... and since you don't provide the corresponding SFML 2 build, people still have to build something

That's why we're also setting up SFML2 for Jenkins. ;) (see the GitHub issue why it's still failing ;))

You should at least put a link to the right revision of SFML in SFGUI's repository (with a git submodule), so that users know what to compile.

Good idea.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2011, 07:36:01 pm »
Yep exactly. Basically a virtual machine doesn't differ from a "real" machine, except it's, well, virtualized.

I know :D
My point was: why don't you handle all the target OSes with virtual machines, instead of requesting external contributions?

see the GitHub issue why it's still failing

Which issue?
EDIT: ok I got it.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2011, 07:53:31 pm »
My point was: why don't you handle all the target OSes with virtual machines, instead of requesting external contributions?

Because it's easier. I don't want 3 virtual machines for 32 Bit Linux, 32 Bit Windows and 64 Bit Windows. If users are using that anyway I don't need to setup virtual machines that I won't need for anything else.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2011, 01:44:16 am »
SFGUI for Windows 64 Bit (MinGW) added.

We do now also provide binaries for the latest SFML2: Linux 64, Windows 32 (MinGW + MSVC10), Windows 64 (MinGW).

Get the files here: http://sfgui.sfml-dev.de/download

Keep in mind that the SFML2 builds are not official and development snapshots!

LB

• View Profile
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:21 pm »
Quote from: "Tank"
If anyone wants to donate some CPU resources to SFGUI for a different architecture/operating system...

I have a Linux 32-bits (GCC) and a Windows 32-bits (MinGW). Are these useful? How can I help?

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »
Check your inbox. Especially the Linux 32 bit builds are missing.

xethm55

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2011, 07:14:23 pm »
What version of MinGW / GCC combo is used for these builds?

asdatapel

• View Profile
SFGUI
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »
if i dont have to go through all that cmake crap, i can help with mingw 32

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »
Quote from: "xethm55"
What version of MinGW / GCC combo is used for these builds?

I'm unsure for MinGW, but for the Linux builds GCC 4.6.2 is used. I guess the MinGW builds are done with 4.5. However you should be able to use a different version.

@asdatapel:
Thanks for offering your help, however MinGW32 is already covered, see http://boxbox.org:8080/ . I'm going to add proper links to the SFGUI download page soon.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2011, 10:09:56 pm »
Download page updated. Everyone should be happy now. ;)

anything