Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML Light System - Let There Be Light  (Read 231028 times)

jmcmorris

• View Profile
Re: SFML Light System - Let There Be Light
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2012, 02:57:54 am »
Haha, yes it is quite important. Look at the ltbl example in main.cpp - it does this. :)

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »
Hello,

When will the lighting system come out for the new name convention?
Also, is it actually ready to have multiple lighting systems in one app?

Thanks

Ockonal

• ICQ Messenger - 449909010
    • View Profile
    • WinCode
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »
Could you, please, put this changes into source to receive multiplatform support:

Add #include <memory> into LightSystem.h (for the std::unique_ptr)
The other troubles are already solved (thanks).

The only problem is that I'm using latest git sources and the naming of functions changed (setView instead of SetView). Maybe you will work with the newest  code?
Developing 2d engine&game using: sfml, box2d, librocket, spark2, zoom&zoost, thor

Ockonal

• ICQ Messenger - 449909010
    • View Profile
    • WinCode
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »
Btw, due to changes in latest sfml commit (naming of fucntions) I have reviewed the code of Light System and changed all sfml's naming from upper case to lower case.

Here is upgraded source code: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/932520/lighting.zip

It full-compatible with linux and latest sfml-git.

Only sfml's function naming is changed. I hope I will help in any way the author of this lib ;)
Btw. Now, I think, you also should rename all of your functions.
Developing 2d engine&game using: sfml, box2d, librocket, spark2, zoom&zoost, thor

jmcmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »
lolz123, perhaps you want to consider putting this up on github? Then people could fork and make pull requests in other words, contribute. Just a suggestion! :)

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2012, 11:29:26 pm »
@jmcmorris: I will give that a try, it will take a bit of time for me to figure it out though, since I have never used it before.

I will switch to the new SFML naming convention in the next version of the light system, which should be finished pretty soon.
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

jmcmorris

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »
I would be up to helping you out with that if you'd like. Have you used Git before? If not how about SVN or some other version control?

I recently started using Git, but I have been using SVN for years now. It is reasonably similar and not too difficult. Github seems like the best place to get hosting - SFML uses it. :)

Digital

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2012, 06:01:57 pm »
I'm having trouble getting the emissive light to work (light point is fine). The whole screen turns white when it renders.

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »
The newest version of SFML defaults to not blending the render textures. You can either use an older SFML build, or wait for the next version of the light system to come out (soon!).
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »
Hey lolz, i know i am an ungrateful bastard for always asking stuff when you already give so much, but i would like to ask if you can test the situation i stated some days ago.

It would be great if you could ship the next version with full support for having multiple completely independent lighting systems going on, you said it would be easy to do!

Thanks my friend :)

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2012, 02:24:27 am »
No problem, it will be in the next version  ;)

Digital

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:13 am »
The newest version of SFML defaults to not blending the render textures. You can either use an older SFML build, or wait for the next version of the light system to come out (soon!).

Ah, thanks for the reply. I'll gladly wait it out and work on other aspects of my game in the meantime.

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 07:21:55 pm »
Just wondering. Does this work for Code::Blocks?  Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not.
Also is there anything else to download that is needed for your lib to run?  Just wondering since a while back I downloaded this and not even the examples worked for some reason.
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.

Digital

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:18 am »
Just wondering. Does this work for Code::Blocks?  Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not.
Also is there anything else to download that is needed for your lib to run?  Just wondering since a while back I downloaded this and not even the examples worked for some reason.

I'm running it on Code::Blocks just fine with MinGW (gcc 4.6.1). You just have to link SFML and GLEW (included with SFML source). Didn't need anything extra.

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2012, 10:20:25 pm »
Hey, any update on the progress? =))

anything