Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Building Thor c++ lib Ubuntu  (Read 1908 times)

Flojer0

• View Profile
Building Thor c++ lib Ubuntu
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:33:10 am »
I've been trying to build the Thor c++ library for ubuntu so that I wouldn't have to make my own animation code.

I follow the outline to build with cmake. tell it that SFMLDIR is under /usr/include/SFML. But I cannot figure out where to tell it to put SFML_DIR.

The header files are under said directory but cmake doesn't like it. And I can't find out where else it could be. I originally installed sfml through the synaptic package manager. I considered building sfml myself just to get to this include folder but that didn't go well.

I am currently using cmake 2.8.5 on lubuntu 11.10 and SFML 1.6.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:27 am »
SFMLDIR must be the root of "include" and "lib" folders. So it must be "/usr" for you. So you don't need to set it, since it's a standard path ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:16:45 am »
Thor isn't compatible with SFML 1.6. I recommend to use the latest revisions of SFML 2 (Git) and Thor (SVN).
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Flojer0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:01:48 am »
Alright, I got thor and a newer sfml to build (the one linked on the thor download page). now code::blocks isn't agreeing with me. But that's  a concern for another day and I may be able to figure that out.

It ended up that ubuntu had seperated sfml's, and they were the same way after building include and lib folders. So after building sfml myself I had to move some folders around to get Thor to agree. Now it appears I just have acouple of kinks to iron out to make things compile.

Thanks again :)

anything