Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: When can we expect an official release of SFML 2.0  (Read 2561 times)

Sind

• View Profile
When can we expect an official release of SFML 2.0
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »
From what I can gather in the latest threads, [1] and [2], sfml 2.0 appears to be about complete. Therefore I was now wondering when the official release will be.

Just recently I started programming games. I originally went with SDL since the 1.6 build wasn't to my liking, but when I found out the 2.0 release was almost finished(and will be using camelCase), I decided to wait for that one instead :3
Of course, I could just go ahead and download the snapshot right away, but since it appears that the official release isn't too far away now, I think I'd rather wait ;)

And on the related note, when do you presume the tutorials will be updated?
though I guess for the time being I can look at the old tutorials, in combination with the documents, and perhaps look at others code.

~Sind

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
When can we expect an official release of SFML 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:02 pm »
I was now wondering when the official release will be

When everything that is left to do is done ;)

and will be using camelCase

As you can see from the corresopnding thread, it's still not 100% sure.

And on the related note, when do you presume the tutorials will be updated?

I'll start working on them as soon as I've finished to update the bindings. And the final decision about the naming convention has been taken, of course.

though I guess for the time being I can look at the old tutorials, in combination with the documents, and perhaps look at others code.

The most reliable source is the online documentation, it is very detailed and contains code samples. It can replace tutorials if you already know the basics of SFML.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything