Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [FIXED][SFML2] int main() never executing on random projects  (Read 1246 times)

HighQuality

• View Profile
    • http://www.nevereal.net
[FIXED][SFML2] int main() never executing on random projects
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »
Hi, I've had some issues with getting games created with the latest version of SFML2 and Visual Studio C++ Express 2010 to run on some computers.

Basicly, main() does not seem to be executed on some computers (not all), this is very confusing due to this have happened to an older project of mine as well (Although that one was made in SFML 1.6) (That game does not crash on the computer which can not run my SFML2 game).
However the problem does not happen on another SFML2 test I have made on the very same computer which can not run my current project.
So I'm asuming it has something with my code to do, although I can not post a minimalistic piece of code due to me not having a clue of where the problem lies.
(I know that part got VERY messy and I'm sorry for that)

Here's my source code anyways: -removed- (19 MB download)

Anyways, my question basicly is if someone could take a look at my source code to look for obvious misstakes and if this is a known problem and if that's the case is there's a fix for it?

The reason I know main() is never executed is due to me having tried to execute a MessageBox() in there without receiving any result on one of my friend's computer.
If it's any help that computer got a Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache.

Please let me know if there's something that's not clear.
/HighQuality

HighQuality

• View Profile
    • http://www.nevereal.net
Fixed
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:02 pm »
Turned out Window users who was running UAC had Windows blocking the application from executing due to the naming of it.
I've experienced this previously but didn't thought about it due to not getting any warning of any kind, only a empty console window.

Anyways, apparently "Client.exe" is something Windows does not want you to name your files and running it in administrative mode didn't work either.
However it started instantly as fast as I changed it's name to something else.

Just leaving this here in case someone else gets the same problem.
/HighQuality

anything