Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Loopback recording for SFML  (Read 2900 times)

Atomical

• View Profile
Loopback recording for SFML
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »
I wish to make a graphical equalizer from the sound that is being played through my speakers and I notice that it is not possible to change the source of the audio.

It would be nice if you could do so.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »
Do you already have something that makes your audio output available as an input, and you just want SFML to be able to choose which audio input to use? Or you have nothing at all and want SFML itself to use the audio output as an input?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Atomical

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:32:25 pm »
So after messing around with the BASS_WASAPI library I managed to get it working kinda.

Ideally I would have nothing to start with, and using sf::SoundRecorder I could select either an input channel to record from or an output channel to record from. You could get a list of active channels from GetChannelList()
The way it is now (I think) is that it records from the default active recording channel.

Then I would make a customized sf::SoundRecorder and draw graphics from the FFT data in OnProcessSamples().

This is for a plugin I'm making for a server in which the world shakes according to the bass on the song that plays on the server.

anything