Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: DisplayBooth  (Read 2136 times)

thePyro_13

• View Profile
DisplayBooth
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:05:12 am »
DisplayBooth is a really simple kiosk application I developed for the Moorabbin Air Museum. It was developed to replace an ageing kiosk whose hardware was failing. The goal was to replicate the program that already existed, but could not run on newer computers(and whose source code had long been lost), since the computer this current program was installed on had died.

DisplayBooth uses SFML and SFMLTheora to draw video files to the screen. All it really does is play the intro file in a loop until someone pushes a button(the physical kiosk has a large button which translates into a mouse press for the computer). When a user interacts with it, it then plays the informational video.

The kiosk is also configurable using an xml file, to add multiple intro videos and associated information videos, and when the button is pressed the program plays the associated informational video for whatever intro video is currently playing.

The source is available here: source via SFMLUploads.org

It requires the indevelopment version of SFML2 and SFMLTheora 1.3 to compile and run.

Edit: It requires TinyXML as well, I knew I had forgotten something.

I'm releasing it free for any use.

I'm pretty much done with it, but I thought I'd show it off, in case anyone was interested.

Elgan

• AOL Instant Messenger - Flat+1,+17+st+Cl
    • View Profile
DisplayBooth
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:19:45 am »
that's pretty cool, thanx for sharing