Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Revived] Before the Reign  (Read 34201 times)

aBallofWin

• View Profile
Re: Before the Reign
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »
Oh, I didn't try that because I thought both were used. Going to try :) .

Edit: works fine ! ;D Quite impressive by the way, although sometimes it's hard to move (obstacles and such).

Cheers! With the collision I did rush a little bit, mainly down to how tedious it was painting in places where the hero shouldn't be able to move XD

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 01:52:12 am »
Just a little update on the main post for those who are interested!

kurayama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 02:39:04 am »
Have you updated the source code to the new naming convention?
I want to test it, but it needs many changes to compile  :-\

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »
Have you updated the source code to the new naming convention?
I want to test it, but it needs many changes to compile  :-\

the new naming convention?

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »
I think kurayama is talking of the new SFML 2.0 naming convention. But Before the Reign uses SFML 1.6.
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »
I think kurayama is talking of the new SFML 2.0 naming convention. But Before the Reign uses SFML 1.6.

Cheers for clarifying that :) Plus I'm working on the quest system at the moment, so when that's near to complete I'll upload a demo.

Jany

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 02:36:22 pm »
First of all: Very nice game, i am coding one myself too, also with 2D graphics and stuff! =)

I've only one problem in your game, :D after i left town and went on, i came through a little cave and ended up in a forest with thornes, i can go "through" some of the trees but then suddenly one tree has collision and i cannot go further, i can see a troll beneath me but cannot reach cause of that thorntree ;)

but so long: good job ! =)
regards
jany

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:28 pm »
First of all: Very nice game, i am coding one myself too, also with 2D graphics and stuff! =)

I've only one problem in your game, :D after i left town and went on, i came through a little cave and ended up in a forest with thornes, i can go "through" some of the trees but then suddenly one tree has collision and i cannot go further, i can see a troll beneath me but cannot reach cause of that thorntree ;)

but so long: good job ! =)
regards
jany

Cheers for the feedback :) With this next version, I plan to spend more time with the maps, as I had to quickly knock together collisions and overlays due to lack of time. If you want to ask any questions about it just ask :P

Jany

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:21 am »
i may have a question ;) Did you draw the Sprites by yourself, or did you find them on the internet for free?
I am not a good pixelartist yet so my sprites look kinda weird and im looking for some nice looking ones^^

i found out that on the forest_collision.png was a tree that blocked the way, it may have gotten there by accident, after i deleted it i could get through and kill the goblin ;)

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:27 pm »
i may have a question ;) Did you draw the Sprites by yourself, or did you find them on the internet for free?
I am not a good pixelartist yet so my sprites look kinda weird and im looking for some nice looking ones^^

i found out that on the forest_collision.png was a tree that blocked the way, it may have gotten there by accident, after i deleted it i could get through and kill the goblin ;)

Hey :) For all of the sprites and maps, i found them online or used a generator:
http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html
http://www.lorestrome.com/pixel_archive/main.htm

They're the two main sources :)

Jany

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »

Hey :) For all of the sprites and maps, i found them online or used a generator:
http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html
http://www.lorestrome.com/pixel_archive/main.htm

They're the two main sources :)

Thank you very much, the Character creator is very nice. Even with my bad Japanese ^^

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
Haha, no problem :)

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 01:04:53 am »
News: An update concerning the beginnings of the new quest system have been put on. This includes a demo of a example quest and a little look at the maps being shown in parts. In this version there are no collisions and no overlays!

It's entirely for testing purposes only! Feedback is only wanted for the Quest system :) Thank you!

Jany

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 09:28:08 pm »
The Quest system looks nice. Are you planning to build something like a Questjournal? Like you have a quest where you need to kill 5 goblins, but you forgot how many you killed so far and you want to look it up? or you forget what quests you actually have to do?

Are you gonna upload the source for the Quest System Alpha as well?

regards
Jany

aBallofWin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 11:19:12 am »
The Quest system looks nice. Are you planning to build something like a Questjournal? Like you have a quest where you need to kill 5 goblins, but you forgot how many you killed so far and you want to look it up? or you forget what quests you actually have to do?

Are you gonna upload the source for the Quest System Alpha as well?

regards
Jany

Hey :) Yeah along with the current preview I'll be adding a journal which shows the current quest and maybe completed quests. As for the source code, I might upload just the Quest part of the code, unless you wanted just this part of it?

anything