Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML.Net 2.0 and Mono: Getting Started Guide  (Read 5920 times)

MarekkPie

• View Profile
SFML.Net 2.0 and Mono: Getting Started Guide
« on: March 30, 2012, 07:31:07 am »
I spent most of yesterday getting SFML.Net 2.0 to work with Mono on Linux machines, and figured I might as well write down my process to get it to work. Might not be a HUGE audience for this, but whatever, I had fun writing it.

http://scriptogr.am/mkosler/post/sfml.net-2.0-and-mono

Update: new site, and an explanation on how to skip the CSFML and SFML++ compilation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:34:27 am by MarekkPie »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: SFML.Net 2.0 and Mono: Getting Started Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:01:27 am »
Thanks for sharing :)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

MarekkPie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:13:59 am »
With the release candidates out, this process has gotten much simpler overall, but there are now a few new hiccups you have to be careful for.

I'll post a more formal walkthrough later, but in the meantime, here are the main changes that I recall:
  • You no longer need to compile SFML and CSFML. Just grab the tarballs, extract the files, and move them into their respective /usr/local/* directories. You might not even need SFML at all, but there is no reason not to really get it either.
  • You may need to grab libGLEW.so.1.7 to correctly map the CSFML .dll's to the Linux .so's, which currently isn't in Ubuntu's repositories, which means you will need to compile it yourself. (I needed to, but this may have to do with me also upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04.) Grab the tarball from here, extract it, and use make on it in your terminal. You may also need to grab the libxmu-dev and libxi-dev files from your repositories as well in order to get it to compile.

MarekkPie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:21 am »
Don't know if anyone is using this, but if so, for the next hour or more the site will be offline as I switch to a different blogging platform. Once that transition is complete, I'll throw it back up and provide a new link. Thanks for your patience.

The post is now back up and running.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:21:08 am by MarekkPie »

nikokin

• I code
    • View Profile
    • TGP Dev site
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:44:20 am »
I tried following your tutorial, I thought I did everything right, but when I run I get this error:

Code: [Select]
** (/home/niko/programming/ProjectTurtle/projectturtle/bin/Debug/projectturtle_lin.exe:10568): WARNING **: Error parsing X
\xcc\u0008p
\xcc\u0008: Error on line 4 char 17: Element 'configuration' was closed, but the currently open element is 'dllmap'

** (/home/niko/programming/ProjectTurtle/projectturtle/bin/Debug/projectturtle_lin.exe:10568): WARNING **: Error parsing xa\xcc\u0008\x90a\xcc\u0008: Error on line 3 char 17: Element 'configuration' was closed, but the currently open element is 'dllmap'

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: /usr/local/lib/libcsfml-graphics.so.2.0

I think the "parse" errors are causing a problem in the .config files so then the DLLNotFoundException happens. I followed the mono tutorial on the DLLNotFoundException aswell. But when I run "ldconfig -p | grep libcs", It does not list libcsfml-graphics.so.2.0, but lists libcsfml-graphics.so.2  (without the extra .0)