Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Shaders and SFML: Has anyone got a good tutorial?  (Read 2797 times)

Vovosunt

• View Profile
Shaders and SFML: Has anyone got a good tutorial?
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »
I'm trying to understand how to use shaders with SFML renderTextures and so on.
But no luck so far  :(

I'd be very grateful if anyone would be awesome enough to explain it or post a link to a good tutorial ;)

Walker

• View Profile
Re: Shaders and SFML: Has anyone got a good tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:00:55 am »
The docs have a pretty comprehensive explanation. The shader sample should be rather useful too.

What is your issue? What have you tried?

If you're looking for example shaders, you might want to focus your searches on something like "glsl post processing".

Vovosunt

• View Profile
Re: Shaders and SFML: Has anyone got a good tutorial?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »
The docs have a pretty comprehensive explanation. The shader sample should be rather useful too.

What is your issue? What have you tried?

If you're looking for example shaders, you might want to focus your searches on something like "glsl post processing".

Which docs? The GLSL Documentation? You're not expecting me to start learning GLSL from a documentation, are you? >_>
If you mean SFML 2.0 docs, well there's very little about shaders there. Mostly just how to use them with SFML (which I already succeeded in doing :) )

It's just that usually, it is very easy to  find a good resource for learning practically anything on the internets, but GLSL seems to be an exception. All I was able to find is either old or useless. Or big-badass-books which are just too long.

Anyway, thanks for replying  :D

anything